Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Expert Forum
Unexplained chest pain in the mornings
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Unexplained chest pain in the mornings

I am a 41 year old male suffering from restless leg syndrome for the past 2 years. I have a burning sensation in my hands and feet although I have not yet being daignosed with peripheral neuropathy. I have an appointment with a neurologist in January 2011.

My lipids levels when taken on an empty stomach are as follows :
Cholesterol 150.8 mg/dl
Triglycerides  248.00
HDL      27.06 mg/dl
LDL 73.47

My hands go numb during sleep. When I get up from sleep I can feel my hand slowly getting numb. This numbness lasts for about a minute. This has been going on for the past one and a half year. But of late this numbness is accompanied by a distinct chest pain and extreme fatigue. I also feel a little bit of tightness when I exercise. I have noticed that I don't sweat even when I exercise in hot weather. I have other symptoms like impotence, pulsatile tinnitus, muscle weakness, nightmares during sleep, abnormal sounds in stomach especially on an empty stomach, urinary incontinence, frequent urination. I had an ECG and exercise stress done six months ago both of which were negative although they showed sinus arrhythmia. My general practitioner gives me an impression that everything is alright and there is nothing to worry.

Do you think I am really getting chest pain in the mornings or imagining things? Do you think my cholesterol levels are normal and there is no need for medication ?