Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Expert Forum
celiac artery stenosis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

celiac artery stenosis

Three years ago,I suffered a great deal of abdominal pain.After the tests,ct scan included,I had an operation for arcuate ligament syndrome-this cured my problem.Now,2 months ago,another ct scan showed 50-60% focal narrowing of the hepatic artery-this was carried out because I was suffering more abdominal pain-as previously.However,this was not considered the reason for my current abdominal pain,so I have just had a doppler ultrasound of the liver by 2 experienced radiology doctors-and they state that there is persistent high velocity of the celiac artery,293 cm/sec,representing persistent significant celiac artery stenosis.Ok,I know I will need another ct scan to confirm,but do you think a stent would be appropiate or more surgery,given what I have stated? Your opinion would be much appreciated.