Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Expert Forum
echocardiograpy and non invasive angiography
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

echocardiograpy and non invasive angiography

Dear Dr,

My dad is based in New Delhi, India and had a stent put in 10 years ago, followed by a single vessel bypass in the same artery 9 years ago. He is currently seeing a doctor for checkup who suggested he undergo echocardiography. We received the results from the lab and the doctor mentioned that the heart pumping has reduced (my dad's age is 72).

The doctor suggested he undergo a non invasive angiography (using dye), which will provide more information to rule out problems and identify if we really need to perform any angioplasty.

I will highly appreciate your kind review of my dad's echo cardiography results and a second opinion about the true picture of his health and a recommendation whether we should go for the non invasive angiography.

Here are the results (200 words):

Echocardiographiy report

Echocardiographic window : poor
2D and M mode cardiography
Left Ventricle
EDD : 48
IVS : 09
Ejection Fraction: 42
IVS: Intact
2D: Normal LV size
AO: 32mm
ESd: 37
PW: 12
FS: 24
LV Clot Absent
IVS Moton: Normal
LA: 32 mm
LAD Region: Anterior septum and apical septal wall hypokinesia.
RCA Region: Normal basal septum, basal inferior and mid-inferior segments.
LCX region: Normal basal posterior and mid-posterior segments basal lateral and mid-lateral segments.

CHAMBERS:
Left Ventricle : Normal
Contraction: Reduced
Regional Wall motion abnormality Present
Left Atrium: Normal
Right Atrium: Normal
Right Ventricle: Normal

MITRAL VALVE
Morphology
AML - normal
PML - normal
Subvalvular deformity - Absent