Caregivers Community
Bicycle Horn for Wheelchairs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to caregiver issues, advocacy, anger, anxiety, assistive technology, behavior problems, cancer, community care, day care, dementia, depression, end of life issues, feeling overwhelmed, friends and family, grief, guilt, health surrogacy, isolation, legal issues, long term planning, nutrition, stress, transportation, vacations, and your health.

Bicycle Horn for Wheelchairs

8124845?1341874280
One of the items I purchased for my "little ones" wheelchair was a D-cell battery operated bicycle horn, which I attached to the right arm of the wheelchair.  I bought it in a bicycle store. When going down the sidewalk and obstructed by a crowd she would delight in beeping our way through! This didn't go over as well in the hospital hallway when there a line for the elevator, however. In any event, the little horn gave her some control over things and provided her with some fun.