Bleach is a common chemical that can cause death in a confined room. This almost happened with my little one when one of the aides knocked over a half-gallon container in the room. She had been mixing it with water in a bucket to clean the plastic toilet. With sealed windows (for the winter) the situation became critical. Had I not been in the apartment and heard the screams and was able to scoop up the patient in my arms I believe she would have died there.
This resulted in the following rule:
No bleach in the apartment except in the small bottles.
They would be stored only in the kitchen under the sink and under no circumstances leave the kitchen.
Disposable chlorox wipes would be used to clean the toilet in the room.
Futhermore I banned ammonia,
Chlorox mixed with ammonia creates toxic poisonous fumes.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.