Eyesight
Why do I suddenly see prisms which come suddenly and go suddenly

Many questions: is your vision blurred as well? Is it one eye or both? Is it a halo effect?  There are so many possibilities that could cause a rainbow effect: cataracts, infections, corneal edema (that makes sense since light would pass through the extra fluid and cause a prism effect). The best idea is to have your eye doctor take a look. Hopefully it's something that can be fixed and you won't have this happen any more.
You need an opthamological evaluation. I would also suggest an evaluation by an endochronologist and a test known as an Hba1c.  There are many possibilities, as ireneo stated, but in terms of differential diagnosis, "Prisms" around lights that come and go are hallmarks of developing diabetes. They generally correlate with blood sugars over 400. As the sugars go down with the day and exercise, the prisms disappear.