Caregivers Community
Magic Markers to mark Pain Areas
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to caregiver issues, advocacy, anger, anxiety, assistive technology, behavior problems, cancer, community care, day care, dementia, depression, end of life issues, feeling overwhelmed, friends and family, grief, guilt, health surrogacy, isolation, legal issues, long term planning, nutrition, stress, transportation, vacations, and your health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Magic Markers to mark Pain Areas

If you employ a health care aide or are caring for an elderly person (or child) and they have pain, use a magic marker to put a circle or x on the area of discomfort. Pain often is transient and disappears by the time they get to a physician (which may be days later), especially if they take a painkiller. Pain is very important in making a diagnosis. The human body "forgets" pain very quickly.
656452_tn?1332787535
That's a good idea.  I've been using MedHelp's pain tracker and like that I can mail it to my doctor.  It shows (with color intensity) where there's pain, when, and what part of the body.  Just a thought to use with your idea.

MedHelp's Pain Tracker:  http://www.medhelp.org/user_trackers/gallery/pain
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Caregivers Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank