Caregivers Community
end of life care home health aides

This patient support community is for discussions relating to caregiver issues, advocacy, anger, anxiety, assistive technology, behavior problems, cancer, community care, day care, dementia, depression, end of life issues, feeling overwhelmed, friends and family, grief, guilt, health surrogacy, isolation, legal issues, long term planning, nutrition, stress, transportation, vacations, and your health.

end of life care home health aides

If a person is in hospice care, are there any profit or  non profit hospice providers whose mission it is to provide  24 hour home health aides or nursing assistants when necessary, who are MAP..  certified/qualified to give medication and are supervised by the hospice agency.  I have seen this with a veteran in california, shifts of 3 days on, 3 days off, but am now looking for one in new york.
Hello Caren,

I don't know of any volunteer agencies that will offer round the clock care. They may exist in certain locations but to my knowledge they are far and few between.

When my Dad was in Hospice in WI there was a volunteer that could sit with him for a few hours.  I found no overnight help, or even evening assistance. In Hospice a client's care will fall mainly to the family or the Primary Caregiver.  

Sorry I can be of more help. I really don't think what you are looking for exists as a general rule. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they did.

I hope you'll be able to find more help caring for your loved one. I wish you the very best.

Blessings,
~Tuck
I live in Ga and we do not have the 24 hour care here either. they gave me a list of ones who will do it for a price.

its most the time the family that does it as long as they are in your home. i do know when the time comes they stay with you around the clock until they pass, or they did with my grandmother.

prayers are you find your help.