Caregivers Community
peg tube removal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to caregiver issues, advocacy, anger, anxiety, assistive technology, behavior problems, cancer, community care, day care, dementia, depression, end of life issues, feeling overwhelmed, friends and family, grief, guilt, health surrogacy, isolation, legal issues, long term planning, nutrition, stress, transportation, vacations, and your health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

peg tube removal

After having the doctor remove my husbands peg tube,it seems to be an extreme amount of liquid draining from the small hole. Is this normal, and for how long will this continue to leak at the rate it is going now?
Related Discussions
547368_tn?1332173665
Hello Ruscar,

Please forgive my tardy response. I hope that you have had your concern answered by now.

A PEG (percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy) tube may drain, even moderate or large amounts of fluid for several days following removal. This is fairly normal in most instances. However your physician should always be contacted with these concerns.

Please let us know how your husband is doing. He is so fortunate to have your love and concern.

Peace,
~Tuck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Caregivers Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979