Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
Pain into for arm and upper arm

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

Pain into for arm and upper arm

about 10 years ago I was diagnosed with carpel tunnel in both wrists..I as given the usual steroid shots..It seemed to go away for many years ,recently I have been having shooting pains in one arm from the wrist into the forearm, and also upper arm would this be part of carpel tunnel returning..thank you
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms can be due to nerve compression of carpal tunnel. In this the median nerve is compressed at the wrist in a place called the carpel tunnel. Symptoms begin with numbness and tingling of the first three or two fingers from the thumb side. Then the numbness or tingling can spread upwards to the arms. Nerve conduction studies are quite diagnostic. Treatment is usually by splints and steroid injections. Surgery may be required in some cases. Only a consultation with your primary care physician can help diagnose.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
yes I know it is carpel tunnel I was wondering why I had shooting pains almost like an electric charge running through my for arm and if it is something other than carpel tunnlel ..