Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
stitches left in too long

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

stitches left in too long

I had my surgery  and was supposed to get my stitches out on Feb. 6th of this month. I did'nt make my appointment because I was out of town so i decided to do it myself. I was not able to get 3 out and they are healing over what will happen if they dont come out.
Hi!
It all depends on the type of stitching material or suture used. If the doctors called you for a stitch removal then the material used is non-dissolve-able type. This means it needs to be removed as it will not absorb into the skin by itself. Such a material if left as such can act as source of infection, infection and allergy. It can also hamper healing. So, please schedule an appointment now and get it removed. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.