Anyone have these symptoms.
After heavy computer use, I have jittery hands. Even some jitters in my feet/ legs. Slight jerky hand movements - as if trying to shake something loose. Also - same jerky movements in upper spine. When I am away from the computer, I still have these symptoms - but it all seemed to start with heavy computer usage.
Is it carpal tunnel? Can carpal cause symptoms all the way to the spine and legs?
Hello. Shaky or jittery hands and legs could be due to several causes like excessive consumption of caffeine, alcohol, arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome. Since you are into computer usage which involves repetitive actions of the hands and wrists you are at risk of developing carpal tunnel syndrome. This disorder is caused due to the compression of median nerve in the carpal tunnel. The median nerve transmits sensations from the hands and hands to the spinal cord and controls hand and forearm muscle movements. Your symptoms seem to be due to carpal tunnel syndrome. You will need tests like electromyography, nerve conduction velocity testing. Do look out for rheumatoid arthritis, hypothyroidism, and diabetes mellitus as these are the risk factors for developing carpal tunnel syndrome. Do keep us posted. Take care and good luck.