Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
Back of hand what can it be?

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

Back of hand what can it be?

On back of hand in almost centre I have I guess you call them small lumps that appear when I make a fist its one then when I bend my knuckles down it splits off into two. Nothing on my right hand. When you touch them it doesn't hurt or anything just feels a little odd. I don't think I noticed it before and just wondering is this normal?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be a ganglion. A ganglion cyst is a swelling or tumor on a joint or tendon sheath. Wrist ganglion cysts are lumps around the wrist and hand. Wrist ganglion cysts are benign collections of synovial fluid that arise either from a joint or tendon. If it causing numbness or pain, it can be surgically excised. Please consult your primary care physician for further evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.