Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
Carp ol Tunnel

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

Carp ol Tunnel

Hi, While I was pregnant my hand went numb in my left hand. After a few weeks after having my baby the numbness went away. It still gets numb when I'm hot or getting out of the shower. Is it carpol tunnel?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
A complete medical history and clinical examination is necessary for correct diagnosis. Any pressure on the radial nerve can lead to numbness in the hand. If the symptoms are present in the morning there are chances that you have 'carpal tunnel syndrome which is caused by a build up fluid in the wrist overnight. If the numbness seems to spread to other parts of body it could be related to a circulatory, neurological, or muscle-related condition. A sudden loss of feeling that affects the hand and the arm could be a warning sign of an impending stroke. It is best to consult an orthopaedician and get evaluated. A clinical examination and work up is necessary. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!