Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
Carpal tunnel worse at night and laying down

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

My c t s hurts so bd when laying down .. I usually wake up at least three times a night from it.. I wear the brace at night too no help. What can I do
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms are usually worse at night or first thing in the morning. These symptoms may get better after moving hands for some time. The modalities of treatment available for carpal tunnel syndrome are medications, on surgical management like use of splints and surgery .Short term treatment may include corticosteroid tablets and injections. If the symptoms are severe your doctor may suggest that you have carpal tunnel release surgery. It is best to discuss your concerns with your doctor. Do keep me posted.
Take care and regards!