Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
Carpel Tunnel Syndrome??? :(

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

Carpel Tunnel Syndrome??? :(

I have recently developed carpel tunnel syndrome due to pregnancy. It's awful!! :( I woke up 6 times last night in excrutiating pain from my elbows down that lasted about 20 minutes each time. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you have any tips on how to deal w/it? I went to the store to get a wrist splint thing but it was like $25 and I really can't afford that to only use it for a few more weeks. I know it'll most likely go away after delivery, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has endured this and has any tips on how to deal with it. Thank you!
Hey, I work for an orthopaedic hand surgeon that is very experienced in the carpal tunnel area, and unfortunatly (sp) he says that there is nothing a pregnant woman can do in regards to carpal tunnel, my co-worker also had it and all she could do was wear the splint and take some tylenol (non-harmful one) but after she gave birth it just went away.

I'm sorry I hope this helps :-)
I was going to say take tylenol..

My Mother had this, but she had surgery. Hers wasn't pregnancy related. Good luck, and I would buy the wrist support even if money is tight. I know my Mpm used one the weeks leading up to her surgery and it helped quite a bit.

Good luck!
hi i have carpell tunnel and i was informed by the doc as i couldnt afford the splints either is to roll up a mag place it on the wrist and bandage it up, leave it on at night it will prevent you from moving your hand while sleeping and should help with the pain. it does work. and hopefully for you it will be gone as soon as little bubba comes along. good luck
Thanks ladies! I appreciate your feedback!
I echo what eel said.  I also had it so bad where pain would shoot up my arms all day.  It finally went away a week or so after birth!  Which I couldnt imagine it would since it hurt so bad!  Just stick through it.
ok I am 39 weeks and have Carpal tunnel since 37 weeks . The pain is horrible and nothing takes it away . I hope after delivery it just goes away. i know where u stand. Good luck