Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
Carpel Tunnel?

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

Carpel Tunnel?

Could Carpel Tunnel cause tingling and sensitivity in other areas like the feet? I do have mild sensations in my hands with only very mild pain. Most of the tingling is on the outside area of my palms but I have started to notice some slight difficult with tasks, like opening the front door with my keys. It seems like if I create a pinching position with my fingers, there is a little more pain. The left foot sometimes tingles and that’s got me kinda confused as to it being Carpel Tunnel?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful disorder of the wrist and hand. The carpal tunnel is a narrow tunnel formed by the bones and other tissues of your wrist. This tunnel protects your median nerve. The median nerve gives you feeling in your thumb, and index, middle and ring fingers. But when other tissues in the carpal tunnel, such as ligaments and tendons, get swollen or inflamed, they press against the median nerve. That pressure can make part of your hand hurt or feel numb.It does not cause numbness in legs or feet . If you are feeling numbness in the feet , it may be due to  Peripheral neuropathy , Brain or spine lesion . Please go for an MRI brain and consult a neurologist . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !