Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
Is this Carpal Tunnel or something else

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

Is this Carpal Tunnel or something else

When I woke this morning my right had was colder than my left hand (remarkably) and I have some numbness in my thumb and tingling in my hand.  Also there is pain in my underarm of my right arm like if I had something pressed against if for a long time. This has been going on for over 10 hours now.  Please advise.

J
Tags: carpal, numbness, Pain, tinglingin, hand
Try Phalen's sign test! You rest your elbows on a flat surface such as a desk, with your elbows bent and your forearms up. You then flex your wrists, letting your hands hang down for about 60 seconds. If you feel tingling, numbness, or pain in the fingers within 60 seconds, you may have carpal tunnel syndrome.

It is also possible that there's a blood vessel injury near the underarm causing pain and the tingling on the hand.  

I would advise consulting a physician for correct diagnosis.

I hope this helps! Take care!
Did go to the dr.  they think it may be an auto immune disorder called Rainards (spelling???) or carpal tunnel.  But ty for responding.  Got some meds and it is still numb and tingling .  Will have to return to the dr this week.  more tests.

J
If your symptoms is related to Raynaud's phenomenon, extremities should be kept warm.  Consumption of caffeine and other stimulants and vasoconstrictors must be prevented.

Take care!