Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
Is this Carpal tunnel?

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

Is this Carpal tunnel?

A while back, I had pain and tingling in my right hand. I tried to be calm and see if it would pass and it did, leaving my fingers very cold afterward. My isurance offers 24hour nurse/practitioner hotline, so I called them and asked them what they thought. The nurse told me it could be carpal tunnel, but I never looked into it. Today the same thing happened (More like 5-6 mins ago, I was browsing when it happened and figured I would ask while I was at it) with my left hand, I had throbbing and sharp pain go through my hand to my fingers, and it slowly went away. My hand is now really cold. I can feel it, and clearly it is colder than my right. My hands aren't numb or anything, and I stayed calm so I wouldn't spazz out or anything. What do you guys think? Carpal tunnel or something else?
Hi .. I'm not sure but wanted to stop by and welcome you.  You may want to see your doctor for a look/see just to be certain it's nothing else going on.  I can't recall my symptoms . it was about 18yrs ago for me .. I don't think I had pain but many do I think.

C~
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms can be due to nerve compression of carpal tunnel. In this the median nerve is compressed at the wrist in a place called the carpel tunnel. Symptoms begin with numbness and tingling of the first three or two fingers from the thumb side. Then the numbness or tingling can spread upwards to the arms. Nerve conduction studies are quite diagnostic. Treatment is usually by splints and steroid injections. Surgery may be required in some cases. Only a consultation with your primary care physician can help diagnose.

Good working style like working without bending the wrist, smooth movements and taking breaks in between for stretching the hands will help prevent carpel tunnel syndrome. Further wearing wrist support or wrist braces can further support along with strengthening exercises.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.