Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
Is this tendinitis or not?

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

Is this tendinitis or not?

For over a  2 months my wrist has been very uncomfortable. The last 2 weeks I have used Tramadol doctor said it could be an underlying inflammation. I have stopped using the tablet but have still a dull ache, weak and can sometimes be sharp in my left wrist the other isn't as uncomfortable. I'm exercising them a little but elbow can also be stiff  and tender both sides at times.  No injury before hand and not much computer use. Find picking up carrier bags of food shopping that not too heavy strains it on the inside area of wrist. Is this tendinitis?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

As I mentioned it could be tendinitis. Check to see why the inflammation has occurred. It could be due to connective tissue or autoimmune disorders. Blood tests can help to diagnose the cause. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.