Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
New here

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

New here

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but I was hoping to ask a question and get some opinions.
I had carpal tunnel release surgery in October of 2008 and it was said that I also have tennis elbow and may need further care on elbow. It was a WC issue so I have the lifetime medical for the right upper extremity.
My question is can the tennis elbow cause pain in the hand as well? I've been having some increases pain in my right hand (the one I had surgery on) but its different then pre-op pain and numbness, which leads me to believe it may be from the elbow? Any body else experience this before?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Tennis elbow, or lateral epicondylitis, is a painful condition of the elbow caused by overuse. It causes pain on the outside (lateral) side of the upper arm near the elbow. Pain can radiate from the outside of the elbow to the forearm and back of the hand. So, your symptoms could be due to the tennis elbow.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.