Numb thumb after carpal tunnel and trigger thumb surgery
5 days ago I had surgery on carpal tunnel and trigger thumb.  I am using my hand relatively well, even typing this, however the thumb is numb and I am using other fingers for the space bar.  Will the feeling return, and how can I improve the problem?
Hello Dear,
The outcome of the surgery is dependant on the following factors,
1. If both hands are involved.
2. Duration of the carpel tunnel syndrome
3. Severity of the symptoms
Longer that is more the time to the insult to the median nerve, more is the nerve irritated, the longer numbness or tingling are constant, the harder it is to have a full recovery - even with surgery.
Surgery is a good choice.
Well it seems that you have had significant results. It would be a matter of a couple of weeks that you recover completely.
Please do follow up with your surgeon.
Best.
Take care.
U wiykd nhgate to have anothger numb fingfyou most kindly for responding to my surgery question.  I had the carpal tunnel syndrome for over 10 years, the trigger thumb is only recent.  It is only the tip of my numb which I cannot feel.  However I am concerned because I am due for surgery on the 1st July for the opposite hand.  This time however it is not the thumb which is triggering, but my middle finger, plus carpal tunnel.  I am relucant to have the trigger finger done, although I am still down to have carpal tunnel and trigger finger surgery, as I would hate to have another numb finger.  I play the piano and ofcourse type for pleasure as I am now retired.