Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
Right wrist pain

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

Right wrist pain

I have been having pain in my right wrist for a month now.  It is on the outside and I am unable to turn my palm up most time.  I work where i have to hand money and usually cant even hold change in my hand.  I have had the carpule tunnel surgery already, its been a few months.  The more I use it the more it hurts.  I have not been useing it as much and I am still in pain.  Can someone please tell me whats wrong?

Although it is uncommon, the symptoms of carpel tunnel syndrome can recur. Some factors can be strenuous work right after surgery, use of physical therapy alone to treat CTS and sometimes an improper carpel tunnel release surgery. What treatment you had earlier for carpel tunnel syndrome?

Reasons for failure of surgery include: incomplete release of the ligament, extensive scarring, and recurrence of CTS due to underlying medical disorders. You should consult your doctor. He may advise you on this and whether the release procedure needs to be repeated.

Do write in after your doctor’s consultation.

Take care