Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
Wrong diagnosis

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

Wrong diagnosis

I have been diagnosed by 3 neurologist and recomended for surgery for carpal tunnel on both wrists.
I have chronic tingling burning pain in fingers. It had gotten so bad I was unable to use my hands for anything other than necessity. My writers do not not hurt. This has gone on for several years getting progressively worse.
I had horrific chest pain last week. After 24 hours I went to emergency room and was examined and tested. After bein told there was nothing going on with my heart I was sent home.
12 hours later the chest pain stopped and to my delight and surprise the pain in my fingers is diminished to a  manageable and unobtrusive level.
Do you think this is neurological?  I think the carpal tunnel diagnosis was bunk. The elec shock tests 3 yesrs in a row showed carpal tunnel.
Thanks!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The anti inflammatory medications given for the chest pain could have reduced the inflammation in the median nerve and hence the relief with your symptoms. If Nerve conduction Studies showed lesions in the nerves, it could be due to compression of nerve.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.