Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
anyone else with both RA and CTS
About This Community:

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

anyone else with both RA and CTS

My doctor believes my RA is causing CTS...i treat with ice baths and ultrasound what about you?
Hi there, carpal tunnel syndrome can occur as a consequence to rheumatoid arthritis, it causes swelling of the synovium, a membrane that surrounds those tendons. The tissues around the tendons get inflamed compressing the median nerve at the wrist. Along with the ice baths and ultrasound therapy, ensure to take the medications for RA regularly. This will bring down the swelling and the pressure on the nerve.

The carpal tunnel (at your wrist through which the median nerve passes) changes its size depending on the position of the wrist. It’s widest when wrist and hand are straight in line. When the hand is bent up or down, the tunnel becomes slightly smaller. This then presses on the nerve which then causes a pain right up to the arm. Often proper working style, working without bending wrist, using smooth movements to operate the mouse and key pad, and relaxing the joints of finger, wrist and arm in between helps. A wrist support or arm support too helps and you have computer chairs with support for your spine and arm.

If conservative measures fail then surgical therapy is recommended. Regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...