carpell tunnel
i had carpell tunnel surgery done on my right hand and it seemed to work. except i have a burning sensation in my hand all over, i am concerned but it does not happen often. should i completley stop using my hand all together.
i also have to have the surgery on my left hand and i really need it to be soon the pain is so bad i cant sleep. noone i know can help. my doc cant do much but prescribe pain meds due to the wait list at the hospital for ops it is so annoying. i really dont know what to do.
Hello Dear,
The outcome of the surgery is dependant on the following factors,
1. If both hands are involved.
2. Duration of the carpel tunnel syndrome
3. Severity of the symptoms
Longer that is more the time to the insult to the median nerve, more is the nerve irritated, the longer numbness or tingling are constant, the harder it is to have a full recovery - even with surgery.
Surgery is a good choice.
Well it seems that you have had significant results. It would be a matter of a couple of weeks that you recover completely.
Please do follow up with your surgeon.
Best.
Take care.

I have had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands this year.  My Dr. recommended that I take B12 and B6 daily for a year.  He said that would help the nerves heal.  I have been on B12 and B6 for  8 months now  and I have some pain to Rt wrist but I had arthritis in the wrist also.  I also wore my hand splints for a while after my surgery. I was very pleased with my surgery.  the pain and tingling has gone, I just need to get my strength back in my hands.   Good luck. Hope things work out with your surgeries on your hands