Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
loosing muscle in hands n forearms

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

loosing muscle in hands n forearms

from last year and half i am loosing muscle mass from both the hands and forearms especially in between thumb finger and index finger my both the hands look scary now as i can see the bones even in my palms and I cannot put my pinkie or ring finger together and I cannot get my ring finger together with my middle finger in both my hands.i have tried out all the doctors but none of them where helpful even the doctors are unable to identify wht the problem might be some doctors say it might be carpal tunnel syndrome some say genetic [but as far as i know there is no one in our family who has this condition except me] some say neurological problem and wht not.even tried out Ayurvedic medicine even tht where of no use and i have conducted all the tests MRI,ENMG,nerve conduction test.
pls help me out here.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Muscle wasting could occur with problems in the spine, the brain and the cranial nerves. A neurologist can help detect this. Sometimes it could be due to an inflammatory muscle disease, in which case a muscle biopsy may help. Also, has diabetes been ruled out? Check with your doctor regarding these conditions.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
i have already consulted a 2-3 neurologist and even have shown my condition in NIMANHS hospital in Bangalore but nothing has helped me till now at present i am undergoing treatment with my family doctor.the medicine he has prescribed me is nurite injection once in every 14 days and nurite caps twice a day.i have already taken around 17 injection and it has not helped a little bit.i am still losing my muscle mass from my fore arms. pls help me out
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Sagar, you have not mentioned what the results of your tests showed. Was a diagnosis made? Were there any nerve conduction defects? If it is carpal tunnel syndrome, it should show in the nerve conduction studies. The nerve innervating (supplying) the thumb, the index finger and the middle fingers is the median nerve. This can get compressed in the wrist, leading to numbness of these areas leading to a condition called Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The nerve can get compressed due to obesity, Diabetes Mellitus, hypothyroidism, arthritis and trauma.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.