pain in the thumb/joint area and pain up my arm
I have had this pain for the past few days.  The thumb area/joint is dull an ache. Its Aldo difficult to gold or put any pressure on it.  The pain also goes up my outer arm area.  Any ideas what it could be?  Things to try?  Its not the worst pain in the world but it is uncomfortable.  To my knowledge I haven't done anything to my are, unless maybe I slept on it wrong.  I am an administrative assistant so I use my hands a lot.  Thanks for any help amf advice!!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms can be due to nerve compression of carpal tunnel. In this the median nerve is compressed at the wrist in a place called the carpel tunnel. Symptoms begin with numbness and tingling of the first three or two fingers from the thumb side. Then the numbness or tingling can spread upwards to the arms. Nerve conduction studies are quite diagnostic. Treatment is usually by splints and steroid injections. Surgery may be required in some cases. Only a consultation with your primary care physician can help diagnose.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.