Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
sweling of two fingerr in the middle

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

sweling of two fingerr in the middle

Hi im edith in a post off cts and then stil my 2 fingers in the left @ the middle was still swelling I already done for theraphy but still it swelling im so confuse I dont know what to do? Pls! Help me tnx!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
I can confirm the exact cause only after I examine you clinically. There are several possible causes of the swelling. The most common cause is inflammation of the tendon sheath. It can be due to an acute or chronic trauma. Any inflammation, infection which can occur after a penetrating injury can lead to swelling of the middle two fingers. You may try taking an over the counter anti-inflammatory medicine, such as naproxen .Only an appropriate evaluation can determine the exact cause. If the symptoms are severe or if it persists despite taking naproxen, then it would be appropriate to get it seen by an orthopaedician.Do keep me posted.
Best of luck and regards!