Cats Community
A Feline Curiosity

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

A Feline Curiosity

My cat was born with what appears to be a sunken frontal skull bone. Her nasal and parietal bones are both perfectly formed, and in all other respects she is perfectly normal. The frontal bone meets the nasal bone from behind, forming an almost flat ridge of sorts. It then curves inward and then back out to meet the parietal bone at quite a sharp angle just behind the front of her ears. In the middle of this though the bone rises up to a prominent point between the front of her ears. I have been unable to find any other reported cases of a similar deformity on the internet.

She is 16 months old now, and is happy and healthy. Her mother had a healthy pregnancy free from complications, and she was the third and final kitten in the litter. She was born within a minute or so of her brother, apparently effortlessly and the easiest of the three births. She developed normally, meeting every developmental milestone, and aside from one urinary tract infection, has been in optimum health her entire life.

One thing to note, her chin does appear quite large in relation to her face, and she appears to struggle somewhat with eating dry cat food, however I do not know if, or how, this is related to her frontal bone deformity.

I would greatly appreciate any insight into this curious conundrum, as it has thus far eluded me, and was wondering if anyone had knowledge of similar cases, what caused it, and if it will have any impact on her in later life?  I can provide pictures upon request.

Thank you.
I have no idea what to say, but it sounds like the cat is doing fine in spite of this deformity.  The cat is very fortunate to have a loving guardian who is keeping her and loving her no matter what.