Bali has the Nose Cancer SCC
friends of the cat:
anybody had to deal with SCC of the nose? I am getting frustrated trying to find the right thing to do for my Bali!

She is stage 1, but needs the best solution so we can get rid of it-
it's on her nose both on the side and on the septum.

We want to do the right thing!
We have driven 1000 miles, spent $1500 (miracle money)
and logged many hours trying to find the answer- 3 vets so far- but no clarity.

nosectomoy? chemo into the tumors?
anybody been thru this?

thanks,
Bali and her human!
Hi, just bumping this up so that it doesn't get lost.

I am hoping that Jade will see this since she's got lots of experience with SCC.  I know that her cat had it on her ears.

Hopefully, she'll see this soon.  I know that she'll be able to help you.
"BUMP"
hey thanks!! :)
Bali just got all her tests done and she is good to go for either surgery or radiation.  i am also willing to have a miracle!!!
i  also heard about a type of chemo that is injected into the tumor....

hope i figure it out...

thanks again!
:)
so sorry to read abt Bali's dx...thats just so sad, I wish there was some good advice I could send you, I have no experience with this...when my kitty Bailey was dx'd with nasal ca years ago it was too advanced to offer any hope.
I truly hope you follow your heart and go with the advice that you feel is the least invasive and in Bali's best interests...I will send you a site I found that may answer some of the questions you have in regards to treatment options...bless you both, please keep us updated our prayers are with your dear kitty♥

http://www.zzcat.com/resources/treatment.htm
I wish you the best and hope everything goes well.  I wish I could offer you some advice, but I know nothing of SCC.  I would just do a ton of online research.  Knowledge is power.  =)

Opus....where is Jade?????  We need her.  She could really help!
Thanks Opus! We are good right now and all her tests pre-treatment came out great for a 15 yr old.
We are going to Tx A&M this Wednesday and hopeful to have the surgery to remove the cancer, assuming they still feel they can proceed.
She is in good shape so I am hopeful that we can remove the cancer.

The CAT scan will tell us more. I was able to secure a grant for her and so part of this is paid for, otherwise....

I have spent a few months and lots of time studying and getting consults and I feel we are positioned to do the best thing we can.

When your cat had the "nasal cancer" was it SCC or do you know? There are some that are better than others. What did it look like?
Just curious, of course i will know much more after Wednesday.

Praying and praying for my sweet little Punkin'

Jade has been in touch and she is the one who suggested it might SCC! Sorry I didn't tell you that sooner- I have been a mess.
hello queen!
thanks for all your help- Jade is the one who thought she might have the SCC. After Wed. we will know our course. The surgery is a likely cure all things going well!

I will let you all know how it goes so that others may benefit from our experience.

be careful with white-nosed furry people!
Hi Jeri, glad that Jade has helped you.  I'm not sure where she's been lately, but I think she's having computer troubles-a virus, maybe(not fun).  

I hear you about being careful and watchful of white cats, but I had a tan and white cat that came down with ocular(eye) melanoma.  He was white and tan, and unfortunately passed away.  Animals do get melanoma and I don't think that people realize that.  But, unlike human melanoma, animal melanomas can be benign or malignant.

I really do wish you the best and please keep us updated.  Hopefully, Jade will be back soon to help ya out some more.
hello all!
we are back from TX A&M vet school with good news and bad news.

Good news:
we loved the doctors
we got a clean bill of heart health
we got good aorta health
we have no retina issues

bad news: HBP- can't do surgery until BP comes down...
now in the process of attending to that.
So had to come back home today.
A friend has been helping with driving and so forth!
Bali has been an awesome traveler.

Hoping and praying we can get thru this- I know it can go either way and time is ticking. The surgeon did say he did not think we had an emergency, so I think that's good.

y'all take care- I am going to start another thread about HBP in cats!

JA
Bali update:
WE are going back again to the vet college to get the SCC cancer removed. Bali has been doing really good with all her new meds, eating -pooping etc! I should know more about all this by the time we get back. The tumor has grown some meanwhile but we won't know the real story until the CAT scan Tuesday morning. I do think she is well enough now to be fine with anethesia. It's a 4 hour drive but worth it to come home cancer free! I have learned a lot about Hyperthyroid, HBP and kidney decline meantime. Hope everybody is good!
sending huge HUGS and PRAYERS along with our Bali.....keep us updated jerialice:))
Thinking of you and Bali, Jerialice.  Anxious to know how it went!  
hey y'all thanks so much fo rall the support!

I have had a miracle for Bali!!!
We got to the surgeon and her tumor had shrunk!!! She did not need surgery at all. Instead we had a zap of radiation and may need one more treatment down the road!!!!!!
Wahooooo!!! I am more than thrilled. Today she had her can of food, peed and pooped.

It's good. We will still be dealing with the HT and BP- but that is all manageable.

Love Jerialice & Bali