Cats Community
Black spot in cat eye.

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

Black spot in cat eye.

I have a 5  year old, female cat, she seems healthy but in her left eye just appear a black spot ,  Im concerned about that, in the pic you can clearly see it, please if somebody can help me to find out what it is?.  Thank you !
The inner corner of the right eye? It looks to me like the inner eyelid there might be a tiny bit inflamed. (Hard to tell from a picture). I would suggest checking in on it every six to eight hours... if it is the start of an infection, it could get worse very quickly. In that case, you'd need to take your kitty to the vet.

If it's one of the spots on the actual eye... you should have that checked out. Sudden appearing spots in the eye can be a sign of a melanoma. It's possible the eye would have to be removed then to prevent spreading (don't panic, it doesn't always come to this!).

im not expert or anything, just have had cats my whole life, but I have a cat at my parents house who has a black spot in one of his eyes too. It wasnt always there, just showed up one day. It has never bothered him and the vet said it was fine as long as it wasnt bothering him then it appeared to just be a spot and nothing serious. It if doesnt appear to be hurting your cat then it should be okay just ask the vet next time you go, or if you're overly concerned check with the vet sooner. Good luck to you and your kitty