Cat Bleeding from rectum / bum after going to bathrrom
I have read the other post on cats bleeding after going number 2, and am having the same issue. I recently adopted another kitten, and my two year bengal is the one with the problem. I have brought her to vet about two weeks ago and did a stool sample, all came out ok. I thought possibly worms, but test was negative. Last night and tonight I noticed the issue was back, and appears to only be bleeding when she is done going to the bathroom, and is not really in the stool. Any help would be greatly appreciated- thank you.
Hi there...I am really sorry to hear that your cat is having some issues.  Is she still eating and drinking ok?  How is her activity level?

Frank blood on or in the stool can be from a variety of reasons, including parasites that you are currently ruling out and even something as simple as stress.

Has there been a diet change at all?  Any other changes other than the new kitten in the household?  How long ago did you get the new kitten?  Is your older Bengal spayed?

You might also want to think about posting this question in the Ask A Vet Expert forum.   They can give you many more ideas about what might be causing this issue.

Thank your for your response. She is still eating and very active (the new kitten and her play all the time). There has in fact been a slight change in her diet- she often tries, and is sometimes successful in eating the kittens food (iams kitten, wet and dry food) and we were giving her these 'appetizer' meals but have discontinued that since we thought it could possibly be the diet. I am making sure for the last day or two that she does not eat the kittens food.
We just got the new kitten about three weeks ago, and the bengal is spayed. I have not seen the blood in her stool since I posted, but it does seem to be somewhat sporadic and not consistently bloody.
Thank you for the advice about posting in the "ask a vet expert forum" and I greatly appreciate your response.
I would make sure he is not constipated. Constipation can cause blood in the rectum and not necessarily in the stool; just because kitty has to PUSH harder than normal. Constipation can come and go, and can be prevented by either adding a little extra fiber to the diet or minimizing it, depending on the type of food he eats. Other things like canned pumpkin and Physillium Husk are also very good to help kitties pass.

What are you feeding him?  

My cat is 13 and today I noticed that she had a little blood on her bottom...... Her eating habits haven't changed and she is still as active as usual. She is a Calico, and we brought 2 kittens in over a year ago when her companion passed away...... She is a pretty healthy cat, but I have noticed her licking at her bottom more today than any other day and that seems to be when she has some blood. Any advise?
I am having the same problem. I just seen it first hand. I was always suspicious about the blood drops I would see here and there around the house. A few months ago when I took in the Bengal from a very neglectful previous owner to rehabilitate him these drops would appear. I was almost certain it was my Bengal. Just seconds ago, he went to poo and he was crying when his best bud Prince, a cute yorkie also in the care of that neglectful owner, went up to him. I thought that was odd that Monte, the Bengal, was crying. I looked to see what the matter was and his rectum area was covered in blood and he was upset. I don't know what it could be either. I'm assuming it is the changing of the diet as well. Monte likes to eat Prince's food. I haven't seen any blood for a long while until a few days after he started eating Prince's food.
It must be the diet! Not stress! I've created a "winter wonderland" for my loving little household members. I have five previously neglected animals that love and care for. It is the diet! I'm sure now after reading everyone's comments. I'm still going to take him to see the vet. I saved this poo in a little baggy and will bring it with me during his visit.
So this is what I did to stop him from eating Prince's food. I've added healthy additives to my dog's food such as turmeric, cinnamon, and olive oil. I'm sure that will get Monte to change his mind! I will keep you updated on the results of the exam. Thanks everyone.
well good for you for taking in these neglected pets and caring for them....

hi there are many reasons a cat can have blood present in their feces, I will send you a good site to read thru..

http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/digestive/c_ct_dyschezia_hematochezia#.Ums9lBCYd7c

however you are making a good start with not allowing the cat to eat the dogs food, many bowel problems can be associated with inappropriate diet.

DRY food even a good brand of dry cat food can lead to MANY health  issues that could cause blood as well such as dehydration/constipation, sensitivity to one or more of the additives such as preservatives....canned food even if its a cheap variety is much better for a cat than ANY type of dry kibble. I will send you a site that will really open your eyes to what dry food does to a kitty....its a long article, but this Vet is so full of knowledge please take the time to read it all and you can further click on links on the right side of her page for even more reading...your kitties life is worth the time:))....let us know how it all goes okay, good luck

http://www.catinfo.org/
i have a female cat shes black and white and fixed i notis when i when to clean the litter box there was a little stream of blud in it and when i checked her she had it on here bute but i cant tell if she peeing it or pooping it any answeres on what it could be
Wow! Bengals are breathtaking creatures, you are very lucky to have one.

I am a Hypo"CAT"driac when it comes to my little one , so as long as you see a vet that is all you need to do to calm your fears. There is an over the counter gel you can get called "Laxatone". It comes in a green tube and they have TUNA flavor,yum! Just put some on your finger and they lap it up--if this blood is from hard stools due to diet and straining this should help until you can get to the vet.

Hope it is nothing serious!
My cat is 6 months and was fixed and had shots done plus deworming a week ago. Now when she goes poop a little drop of bright red blood when she poops. She has been on 1/4 can of wet food the rest dry food for cats pure balance for 2 months now. Also fighting fleas. Any help? I see the vet on 9/4 for flea script but I don't have a lot of money.
Could be due to the dry food, one of mine gets some blood in his poop every time he eats it. Can also be caused by hard stools? In any case small drops of blood aren't that uncommon and I really wouldn't worry about it nor spend a lot of money on tests unless it becomes a lot more than few drops. Also the fleas cause parasites in the intestine and she should be dewormed with the right med, so take a stool sample in with you when you go, I would HIGHLY suspect the parasite is the cause of the blood