Cat Constipation
I have an 8 year old male cat who has had constipation issues for the past 1.5 year.    At first (April 2008) vet just did enema and sent him home to try and give him pumpkin.  Didn't work - he didn't like.   Nov. 2008 he had another enema and put on lactalose.   For a year he was fine till I went on a weekend trip and he didn't get his lactalose (he didn't let his sitter give it to him).  When I got home there was cat poop on my bed and for a week he pooped on the floor.  Took him to vet and did xray (showed constipation only), did blood work (fine just slightly elevated enzymes), tested his poop (was fine) and gave an enema and sent him home to use lactalose and cisipride.   Since then he goes sometimes in his box (had a good spell for 6 days) then back to pooping on the floor.   This past week I lock him in the bathroom when going to work.   I have changed his food to holistic dry and wet (with pumpkin) in it.   This AM again found poop on the floor.    HELP!!! What can I do.   I am very frustrated and stressed.
hi, I 'm sorry I don't quite understand you're post, why do you think you're kitty is constipated because you find poop on the floor?
He maybe having a litter box issue but not necessarily constipated?
Are the stools hard and small or what?
My 14 year old cat that I just had to put to sleep did the same thing. In the last 2-3 years of her life she started to pee outside the box when she got constipated. Evantually in the end she was unable to go by herself despite subQ fluids, lactulose several times a day, and cisperaide. Everyone told me thrroughout this time give her wet food but she just refused to eat any. I tried everything. I know this won't help much but it just seems liekt here were cycles of good and bad. Many people suggest getting more boxes, spyaring a non enzyme spray where they go, putting more water dishes out. The poop outside the box wasnt that bad it was the pee that was unbearable.

They also sell Pet-enema's online at amazon they are much better than the mineral oil ones. My cat surprising let me give them to her when she was really constipated and unbearable. Her issue was she would become Obstinated where only manually extraction would help.
I have some experience with this and check out this website:

http://www.thensome.com/megacolon.htm

and if in doubt take your feline to another vet for a second opinion.  Good Luck.