Cat losing fur and is getting skinny
DH and I adopted a cat last summer.  When we first got her she was lovable and would lay with us.  At her vet appointment (a week later) we were told she needed 3 kinds of antibiotics for the week.  One went in her eyes, one went in her ears and the last was an oral medication.  We had to "kitty burrito" her just to get her to take the meds.  Needless to say she was not happy.  After that she has been really skittish.  She runs from us but will warm up after a minute or 2 and then come to us.  She doesn't like to be pet like she used to (she'll let us pet her once in awhile but before it was constantly) and every little move we make she runs and hides.

We recently got a new puppy (about 3 weeks ago).  DH and I have notices she's getting a bit thin.  She has plenty of food but we don't see her eating much.  We haven't changed her food at all.  She is also getting some bald spots on either side of her butt and a couple on her head, along with small knots.  I made a vet appointment for Friday to get her checked out.  I think she may be stressed but was wondering if anyone has any idea of what may be going on with her and if there's anything we can do to help her in the meantime.  I hate the thought of the vet putting her on more meds seeing as she hates it so much and doesn't trust us as it is.  :-(
Definitely keep the appointment. It would help if we knew what your cat was diagnosed with originally.

I'd also consider asking on the Expert Forum one of the vets for an opinion if you're worried about having to wait two days and wondering if going in sooner would be better.

Either way let us know how the visit goes! It could be something as simple as ringworm or mange, which while a nuisance is easily treatable (but dangerous if NOT treated).
Thank you for your quick response.  I posted on the Expert Forum and hope I get an answer from them soon too.  She had kennel cough and her nose and eyes kept running.  The eye meds were for the running eyes.  The nose med for a runny nose and the oral was for her sneezing.  The ASPCA had caught her as a stray and she was really thin when we adopted her (she only weighed about 4 pounds, if that).  Her legs were really weak to a point where she was always falling over and if she got too excited from playing she started to limp.  She has since then gotten up to a healthy weight and her legs have gotten a lot stronger due to exercising and playing with our other cat.  But my DH said he's noticed her falling and limping again.  She had a big problem with fleas when we first got her but after some treatments she was cured.  We make sure our dogs get their once a month treatment so they don't bring any fleas in the house and both of our cats are strictly indoor.  However, she still bites and licks herself all the time (our other cat doesn't).  DH and I are worry warts when it comes to our furbabies.
Hi!  This sounds like a combination of the infection and stress taking its toll on her.  The puppy is just too much for her right now when she's trying to get over an infection.  Can you separate them for a while?  It's best for you to introduce them very slowly.  Right now, I think that you're doing the right thing by taking her back to the vet!  They can make sure that the infection hasn't come back.

By the way, I've had a cat that got sooooo stressed by a new cat that she stopped eating and washing herself.  I had to give the new cat to my mom.  I wasn't a happy camper about it, but I didn't want to put my older kitty through the stress.  As soon as the new cat left, she was her normal self again.  That is proof to me what stress can do to an animal.  I think that if you keep them separated, you'll have wonderful results.  Maybe keep the new puppy in a room closed up for a while and let them smell each other through the door.  Give it a shot.

Good luck!!!  =)
Have you taken her back to the vet yet?  Please let us know how she's doing!  

Hugs,
Janet
Her appointment is tomorrow.  I will definitely let you all know how it turns out.  Thanks!