Cats Community
Cat on heat- Is there any thing I can do to help?

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

Not much you can do at the moment, but I strongly urge you to get your cat spayed as soon as possible!  There are far too many cats up for adoption, so I hope you're not planning to let the cat have kittens!

Jack
Avatar n tn
curious what you are even contemplating!

;)

Totally onboard with above, you want to help? Spay her. Until then the screaming won't stop.... There are low cost spay clinics in many areas, is there one in yours?
Yup yup...get her spayed. That's the only thing that will work. Unless you get her a mate...which I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE!
Avatar n tn
Get her fixed a.s.a.p. It is a fact that cats who are fixed live longer and are healthier. you can get her fixed even when she is in heat too. There are too many cats at the shelters dying everyday because people dont fix there pet.
Did you know that one male and one female cat equal 10 thousand? it multilplies rapidly and they have no where to go.
Female cats who are not fixed also have a higher rate of cancer, specifically breast cancer.  Please get her fixed ASAP.
As uncomfortable as it is for you to watch her go through this, it's 10 more uncomfortable for her to go through.
Avatar n tn
There are millions of unwanted cats in the world.  Get her fixed ASAP!  It's better for the wildlife, for the kitty, and for your own sanity!LOL!  Many cats, especially in warmer climates, will cycle in and out of heat constantly throughout the year, so don't count on this annoyance disappearing on its own.  Get her to a vet and you'll both be happier:-)
Nope, nothing you can really do! Give her plenty of attention-maybe even some cat nip...
Just like the others have posed...Please get her fixed. I work with over 500 unwanted cats that need home..We are way too overpopulated to let these animals keep breeding!
Avatar n tn
Is she in pain?
Yes, there is something you can do.  Spay her!!  If only you could see all of the unwanted cats and kittens that I've seen doing rescue - cats that have been dumped to fend for themselves and cats that are doomed to be euthanized in a shelter.  It's amazing to me how many people don't alter their pets.  Please please please spay her as soon as possible.  
Avatar n tn
Hi, I have a cat which was given to me went I lost my Mother a couple of years ago. The cat is fully grown and I have went everywhere to get her fixed. Everywhere I go I hear the same thing, she is to old. I am on my second set of living set,because she spray's them all the time. I hate when people come over it's so embrassing. Is their anyone out there that have anything anyone can sugguest? My family have grown to love her, but it's costing me too much to keep her. Can anyone please help me?
Yeah, the only thing you can do is A) get her some "booty" or B) get her spayed.  I'd get her spayed, she'll be a much happier kitty, and probably a LOT more quiet.
Avatar n tn
My cat is in heat but my vets said they wont spay her until she is out of it.  Im not letting her out as I dont want her to have kittens, but she is DRIVING ME MAD!!!! I have two weeks to wait till she is booked in at vets!!!!
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
AnnieBrooke away July 25 afternoon to J... Comment
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status