Feline nasal dischrge
Hello all, I have not posted here before about my Charlie, things are pretty much the same, still has nasal discharge after being on about every antibiotic made. All labs and tests have been run, negative for everything, and cept for the nasal thing, labs say he is healthy,even had a culture done, results were E coli,and beta strep. I have changed his foods to all natural, grain free, holistic, just to see if maybe he's allergic to grains and gluten...It's worth a try....but what  I want to ask is...I found while reading about homepatic remedys, these drops for his nose..and is anyone familar with this? Or can offer anything, advice or such? Safe?

Heres the info:

Nose Relief is formulated to relieve all types of respiratory problems, including sinus infection or inflammation. This product will relieve nasal drip and red, wet eyes when these are caused by upper respiratory infection.

HomeoPet is a product that is chemical free, safe for dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, hamster, ferrets and pot bellied pigs of all ages. Manufactured under an FDA registered process. No known side effects from any of our products. Twelve years of researching only the best ingredients from all over the world. All HomeoPet products are liquid and given internally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:
Hepar Sulphuris Calcareum - 6c&30c
Kali Iodatum - 6c&30c
Gelsemium Sempervirens - 6c&30c
Natrum Arsenicosum - 6c&30c
Muriaticum Acidum - 6c&30c in 20% USP alc. in purified water.

Dose:
Dogs/Cats under 20 lbs/10kg, 5 drops
20-100 lbs/10-50 kg, 10 drops
Over 100 lbs/50 kg, 15 drops

Use 3 single doses daily to start and cut back with improvement of symptoms to twice daily and eventually once daily. Remedy may be discontinued when symptoms are no longer present.

More Information: Each remedy comes in a 15 ml liquid dropper bottle and may be dosed directly into the mouth, in food/treat or in water/milk, dosing 3 times daily. For a pet under 20-100 lbs/10-50 kg, one bottle will last 3-4 weeks. For a pet 20-100 lbs/10-50 kg, one bottle will last 10-13 days at 3 doses daily.

Greatly appreciate everything !    Dawn and Charlie
Hi, it sounds like Charlie doesn't have a bacterial/fungal infection, which is great news!!  This makes me wonder what exactly he's having a reaction to!!  Is he indoor or outdoor?  If he's outdoor, there are many possibilities that could cause a reaction in him!  How long has this nasal congestion been going on?  How old is he?  Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get a better idea of what's going on!!  =D  If he seemed like he was born with the congestion or developed it in the past couple of months, it could point to different causes!!

My guess is that the congestion has only been going on a couple of months or a year!  If Charlie were my baby, I would wonder about the type of cat litter being used.  I would do some heavy-duty experimenting with the litter brands.  Lots of litter brands are clay based, which are really bad for animals to breathe in that dust.  The clay dust can settle in their lungs and nasal passages (also ours!!).  Another scary thought, cat litters also contain silica, this causes scarring in the lungs and nasal passages, too.

The other idea I've got is to look carefully at the cleaning products you use-carpet powder (not sure what it's called), air fresheners, and other cleaning products that can be sprayed.

I hope that some of these ideas work!  Wishing you and Charlie the best!!  =D
Thanks for your reply...Charlie is 1 1/2 yrs, he's been sick most of his little life, he is an indoor cat, I only take him outside for a couple times a day, and Im right there with him, as for the cat litter, I only use the natural kind,I think its made from corn husks..all my cleaning products are "green products", no carpet stuff, as I have wood floors, I do have some plug ins, as I have cats, and also have the Feliway comfort zone plug in..Im at my witts end here, $ 2000 later, and I still have no answers, and my boy is still sick...but thank you for your suggestions....

Dawn and Charlie
Hi, have you tried posting this question on the expert forum-Ask A Vet.  It's also on MedHelp!  There is a holistic vet that's on that forum.  Her name is Dr. Aleda Chang.  Copy and paste your first post onto that forum, she will be able to give you a very detailed answer, and some ideas on what could be causing poor Charlie's constant sinus problems.  

I know how frustrating this must be for you, and you're a great mom.  I will keep my fingers crossed for both of you.  Please keep me updated.
Thanks so much...I would love to post this to Dr Chang....could you please tell me how I do this, where I need to go to do it? Im new to this, and appreciate your help...Thanks again, Dawn and Charlie
On the right side bar of this screen you will see "Related Expert Forums", and then you'll see Ask A Vet.  In the subject line, please address Dr. Chang (spelling might be wrong, it might be Dr. Cheng).  It might be tough to post on there, because they have a daily limit.  But, keep trying!!  =D  That vet is really good and cares so much about people and animals.  I know she'll be able to help you a lot!!   Both you and Charlie deserve a break from this, and I want him to have a fun, happy life!  I really wish you the best!!

Hugs to you and Charlie!!!
Posted the same question....sorry bout that....told ya I needed help tp post in right place.....lol   I'll wait till I hear back from ya
These forums can be confusing at first!!!  LOL.  Don't forget to look at the post before this one.  I told ya how to post on that vet forum!!

You'll get the hang of it soon!!  =D