Cats Community
Feline red eye

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

Feline red eye

I have a 1 year and few months old cat. He's not in a good health since I've got him, his health is so poor. Once I noticed that he was acting strangely; playing then hit anything in front of him like he can't see very well. After that there's something red inside his eye on his cornea, after that he went blind and very slim, the doctor said he might be a little bit better after a week. I got him back there's no change only he's getting worse. It's killing me to see him like that I've heard that in this situation the chance of him to die is huge. I just wanna know if there's anything that I could do to make his health be better.
Tags: feline, red, red eye, cats, cat, poor, Health, help
I'm so sorry....this sounds like it must be FIP virus. this is a case of the immune system overreacting and attacking itself, multiple organs can be involved and blindness as well as kidney failure are common. I'm afraid theres really no treatment other than cortisone that many Vets will try...that too has health side effects. are you helping kitty become familiar with his surrondings now that he has lost his sight? you need to make the food and water dish easily accessible real near by also the litter box, keep kitty in a smaller room until he becomes comfortable with where everything is. offer him food often, try tempting him with different brands of canned food to stimulate his appetite he must eat, he may slowly get stronger if he eats....however its not usually a good outcome for FIP infected kitties I'm so sorry to say. I don't think seeing other Vets will help but if you are able to do so than by all means try. I do hope kitty can pull through this horrible virus...bless you both♥
I'm so sorry to read this abt your kitty, didn't the Vet tell you what was causing this, wht exactly did the Vet say to you?
A kitty I had but has since passed on got a red eye that turned out to be high blood pressure, he ended up going blind in that one eye also. but what you are describing sounds much more serious....
He said that it's a virus came from another animal caused him fever then it damaged his health, also said he won't get his sight back, and the reason why he's so slim and has loss of appetite is he has a trauma because he's completely blind. I can't trust him cause the veterinarians in my area aren't so good I'm thinking to send him somewhere else.
Thank you for your time and for helping us, but it's no use :( you're right seeing other vets won't help. Thanks again I really appreciate it