Fibrosarcoma
Has anyone had experience with feline fibrosarcoma. If so how long did your cat survive after diagnosis and how large was the tumor or tumors at the time of detection?
hi and welcome, I have no experience myself but will send you a link to some older posting...many that posted are no longer active on this forum, however if you click on their name and than the private message icon the message may get to them and you could inquire about about prognosis...good luck and please post again if we can help..((>^.<^))

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Cats/fibrosarcoma/show/395079
Hi!  My cat had a vaccine related sarcoma - we noticed it about 4 months ago - it just popped up out of nowhere on her right flank.  It was less than an inch in diameter but it was very noticeable and hard.  We had it removed about a week later, and our cat (who is 13) is doing fine.  We continue to hope for the best, and so far so good.  I'm not sure what a fibrosarcoma is, or what causes it, but I hope this helps!  After her surgery, she actually seemed better overall, so the tumor (before we noticed it) may have been causing her some pain.  A great forum to check out (not affiliated w/MH) is ********.com.  You can find an answer to just about ANYthing cat related there.  Good luck and I hope your cat lives a long healthy life!
One of my Tuxedo Cats, Meepie,age 13 has a third occurrance of fibrosarcoma, after 2 surgeries, the first of which included an amputation of his left arm, which was left paralyzed after he was hit by a car 10 years ago, while he still was living with another couple.  After the accident and he was back home, the husband of the other couple started treating him badly and calling him names which he perceived as unacceptable, so he ran away from them and came to live with me, my husband and our (at the time), two other cats.  So, for 10 years, he was pretty-much fine, he used his paralyzed arm as a peg, and sort of humped along with his butt in the air.  My original vet just wanted to kill him (the call it euthanasia).  She eventually gave me a referral to the Animal Specialty hospital here in town, where he had his first surgery, and he recovered so quickly and was happy on 2 legs and one arm.  About 5-6 months later, he had a second surgery to remove another tumor (it was extensive; he had about 30 staples afterward).  Again he recovered quickly and was again racing around like nothing ever was wrong with him.  It is now 3 months later, and he had another tumor, this one on the right side of his chest.  It has grown quickly, to the size of 3/4 of a bar of soap.  Last night, it opened up and spewed pus, small white chunks and watered-down blood all over.  I called the Hospital, and got him in there quickly.  The Vet Tech told me that it actually looked like at was an abcess that was infected and opened up.  There may also be (and most likely) another tumor underneath.  I had him stay overnight, where they cleaned the area out and administered antibiotics.  I just got the call that he is eating and drinking just fine, and they are waiting for his surgeon to have a look at him and give his recommendation.  I was just reading a bunch of your various posts, and it all seems so familiar.  This kind of thing apparently doesn't bother the animal, it is virtually painless, and it just keeps coming back and filling with blood.  I read about the lady in Europe who had her vet use Photo Dynamic Therapy and I will ask about that today.  What the heck?  I have spent $6000.00 on my boy in the last 7 months, and would be happy to spend more if it give us more time together.  We love him so much!  He is my constant companion, loves to be in the kitchen with me and sits with me at the sewing machine (my junior chef and junior tailor).  My opinion of euthanasia is that it is intrinsically evil.  I would like him to pass away at home, peacefully with his loving family around him. Please paray for him.  His name is Meepie. Thank you.
hi and welcome, just sorry for the reasons that bring you to Medhelp...poor little Meepie, she sure sounds like a darling little fighter...she has undergone so much in her short life and always bounces back with vigor..I am sending my prayers indeed that this is something that can be controlled sucessfully.
I have heard of Photo dynamic therapy being used as well, also have you heard abt Neoplasene injections? its a powerful herb injected into the tumor that promises to shrink it down. Its used in place of invasive surgery by some. sorry can't give you many other details but I will send you the site if you should like to speak to them, I do know the serum is sent to your own Vet and he would have to have the knowledge of how to administer the injections...I believe they work in conjunction with the Vet. Well worth a phone call and speaking to your Vet abt.

http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

just on another note...there are time when euthanasia is a God send for those that are suffering. I have had sick kitties who I've done all humanly possible for them and as much as we love them and want to have them forever there comes a time when we need to say goodbye, they've had enough and its just not humane to keep putting them through treatments of any kind anymore...than we have to do this for them, not keep them living just for our sakes...

good luck, please keep us posted and many many hugs to dear Meepie..♥
sorry....got the WRONG link there, it was something I had copied earlier and should have looked better when I clicked paste..
heres the proper link to Buck Mountain Botanicals....good luck, let us know the prognosis okay..

http://www.buckmountainbotanicals.net/index.html
Are you able to consult a Holistic Veterinarian in your area? They do some wonderful treatments other than surgical or chemo...should be listed in your phone book or ask your own Vet abt a referral.
also found this pdf abt neoplasene treatments, they can be oral as well as injectable. from the reading I've done they are not gentle but are effective.

http://www.buckmountainbotanicals.net/pdf/clinical_guide.pdf

a supplement that is also used for kitties with cancer, as well as Turmeric..

http://www.iherb.com/Enzymatic-Therapy-Cell-Forte-IP-6-Inositol-240-Veggie-Caps/2233?at=0