Furballs
Sorry to plague you again , yesterday Tweety started spitting up, I am pretty certain it was a furball I cleared up, what would be the best med to give her , she is licking  and preening a lot..The stores have a bunch of stuff in so I was wondering if you had some ideas ..thanks as always
Hi Margy...poor Tweety!  I wish I could be of some help.  I brush my cats a lot and that seems to help keep the furballs at bay. I think my Vet once gave me something called hairball remedy. Kitty Hugs to Tweety....((>^.^<))
Lax Aire is a good hairball remedy, because it is also grain free.  My kitty really likes it and acts as if this stuff is a treat.  I give it to her when she starts having signs of constipation, too.  Some of the hairball remedies use barley malt, but Lax Aire doesn't.
I will look for that one  thanks, one cant have enough hairball and worming remedies around, do the work on husbands aswell   LOL
I love Linda's kitty face...

((>^.^<))
Catalina's been shedding a lot of her long fur with the season change.  Our cat blows and blows sometimes, trying to clear a hairball.  Other times, I think she might sneeze to try to clear it.   She is an unusual cat I think? in that she rarely throws up- mostly related to trips to the vet & twice at home unrelated to that (I think from eating food too fast).  

But anyways, what we have used more than once when Catalina seems to be having problems with a hairball is a little bit of pumpkin from a can.  Pumpkin has high fiber and just the other day, I mixed it with some wet food and milk and she ate it up.  You can also use opening up a big can of pumpkin for a little for your cat as an excuse as to why you are now fixing some yummy pumpkin pie squares or some other delectable food for yourself!  

Wow well I will try that out of interest and the fact I like natural remedies .Pumpkin Humm it'll be an excuse to make up a pie and freeze it ready for Thanksgiving .nawww it'll get whoofed straight away ...she seems okay now I got some stuff called  hair ball eliminator seemed to do the trick, seafood flavored ....thanks for the tip ..
no!!!! do NOT USE the pumpkin pie filling Margy...it is full of spices that aren't good for kitty.
Pumpkin is an excellent source of fiber...and great for the bowels, make sure to use PLAIN pumpkin..100% pumpkin NOT the pie filling.
and this doesn't work for hairballs, its only a fiber and good for constipation but not hairballs, you bought the right product for the job you want to do!!! =^..^=
Don't worry- when I said can of pumpkin, it's 100 percent pure pumpkin.  The brand is Libby's.

To make pumpkin pie or pumpkin pie squares, spices have to be added to it.  
I forgot about pumpkin.  The interesting thing is that some cats like pumpkins and squash and some like melons.  As a treat, of course.  And, often vets recommend trying to give sick kitties canned pumpkin, because it is usually soothing to the GI tract for the cat.  It's good for sick dogs, too.
thanks guys I know you are all being helpful I didn't try it pumpkin yet as she seems fine the stuff in the tube seems to have worked, only problem I have now is  big tom cat coming by freaking tweety out..actually harassing her ..
Hi Margy, would you be able to contact animal control, obtain a trap and trap this cat yourself, then neuter and release?  There might be a program near you that could help with that. Or find out from animal control if they could direct you to such a program at a shelter, maybe.  I suppose you couldn't do that if it's someones pet, but if it's feral, then no one to protest.  Maybe you could do it even if it IS a pet.  So sorry Tweety is being harrassed.  I think I mentioned we used to have a big ole siamese intact Tom in our neighborhood causing all sorts of problems by attacking our last cat and marking our front and back door, etc, but haven't seen it in a long time and probably died.  

Good luck, Marg!
I couldn't release him here and really the dh gave me heck last time over the blackie which turned out well,as I got  him a home , dont get me wrong I am no wilting lily I face him down.. the dh not the cat ...lol   its doubtful I can catch him, he may go in for food ,I don't feed him I learned that lesson the hard way .He chases her in the garden and he is a fighter ,the dh has slung  shoes at him but that doesn't phase him .,well thanks guys as always life is certainly very 'entertaining' if one owns a kitty .....lol.
Margy.....you don't "own" a kitty....the kitty owns you!  ha-ha-ha :)