Cats Community
Help! I found a baby kitten
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help! I found a baby kitten

Last week I found a baby kitten at work. There were no other cats/kittens anywhere around.
He was in very rough shape, very thin, covered in fleas & ticks.
He came right to me and wouldn't leave my side.
(I work in an office. I had to stay outside for an hour, he kept trying to follow me back inside. So cute.)
I took the kitten to the vet right away. (the closest one to my work)
They estimated him to be 6-8 weeks old.
He weighed 15.2 ounces.
They bathed him and gave him a bit of flea meds.
They said that due to the amount of fleas he had, he was low on blood, so they did no blood tests.
They also told me to give him canned food.
I picked the ticks off one by one that night.
He hardly ate/drank.
He had terrible diarrhea for a few days, so I brought him to a different vet for another opinion.
(This vet has seen my parents pets for many years, we trust her very much)
She estimated him to be 4-5 weeks old.
He weighed 14 ounces.
She gave him some intravenous fluids and sent me home with electrolytes to give him.
She said that I could give canned cat food or baby food with meat only.
I chose baby food, he loved it.
She did a stool sample test, came back negative on any parasites.
He still had diarrhea, I think it actually got worse.
So, I decided to give him just kitten formula.
I feed him every 4 hours. (yes, night and day)
The diarrhea has stopped, but he only pees, no poop.
He still hasn't gained any weight :(
I am very worried about the kitten.
He is a very happy kitten. Loves to be held, purrs a lot.
I am going to just continue what I am doing, but wondered if anybody had any similar experience and maybe suggestions?
I am so scared that I could lose him, I have become so attached!
75 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
this poor little baby, he recognized a kind heart when he found one and thats why he latched onto you...he needs you so very much. and by the sounds of it you are doing a bang up job!!!

how long has it been since the diarrhea stopped?....you said he hasn't pooped but in how long exactly?
Blank
The diarrhea stopped as of Thursday evening. That is when I went to JUST kitten formula. I haven't seen anything except pee in the litter box since then. I caught him trying to "go" on the floor a little while ago but I put him in the litter box right away. He sat for a bit but when he left there was just a drop in the box. I'm going to just keep doing what I'm doing now I guess . . . . I can't afford to take him to a vet everyday, and honestly, he seems to be doing better without what they have suggested so far. I need to buy a scale tomorrow that will weigh ounces . . . .
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
no I think this is perfectly normal....after diarrhea its gonna take awhile to make stool again esp when on just formula....let it go another day than very very slowly start adding just a teeny amount of the baby food PURE MEAT to the formula, like perhaps less than pea size the first time one feeding a day than increase if no diarrhea, if he gets loose than cut it back again but he's going to have to start some solids soon and he's going to have to have a poop within the next 2-3 max.
you are doing great, don't worry...this kitten hasn't eating for awhile and its going to take some time for his little tummy to adjust.
keep posting and we'll try and help all we can...♥
Blank
Thank you :)
I feel as though what I'm doing is right, I just wanted some more opinions/input. This kitten is just so sweet and I want him to pull through. Both vets were reluctant to say that he would even make it. They didn't seem too confident :( He has so much fight in him.
I do have a couple pictures . . . .
The first one is from the day I found him. (looking at the photo now, he looked much worse in person!)

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/scrappie3/2012-07-25_12-17-34_226.jpg

This one was taken yesterday.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/scrappie3/2012-07-27_19-35-38_815.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/scrappie3/2012-07-27_19-35-38_815.jpg
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
OMG...this poor little guy, one thing is certain hon, he sure wouldn't have made it another day without you!!! he was in really terrible condition, this makes me so sad to see this, gosh I sure hope he makes it...if he's eating and peeing and soon goes pooh...he just needs to get stronger now. I don't know what you can afford, but it would be really good for him to get some bovine colostrum...especially orphaned kittens need this to give them some antibodies against diseases and strengthen their immune system, he may have nursed long enough to get a start on this, but it would never hurt to add more to his milk to help him along, you can talk to your Vet abt this..he may even have some at the clinic, unfortunately its quite expensive.
I'll give you a link to see what I mean, but I see iherb is sold out...you would be able to get it from a good health food store if you could afford it...for orphaned kittens I read 1/4 tsp to their food/milk.
I've also read goats milk yogurt is good for a orphan also...if you do find this just be very sure it contains NO sugar, yeast, soy....has to be pure...
the second photo looks more encouraging..but he still appears very weak, now that the diarrhea has stopped I sure hope he can gain some strength...hugs to you both♥...send me a photo everyday okay!!!
Blank
first i have to say good job on taking this poor kitty in.  orphaned kitten have a 25% chance of making it with help but a 0% chance of making it without help.  i have been foster mommy to many kittens and trust me when i say things can go very wrong very quickly.  im not saying this to hurt you or scare you but to give you a heads up.  with that said i will say that the fact that you put the kitten back on formula was a smart move.  the next move i would make (others would disagree but this is what works for me) is to make sure that there is always clean water on the floor (he/she might not drink it right away but its a good idea to always have it there for him/her) i would also keep a bowl of dry food available for the kitten (people will say wet food but from what i gather we food isnt agreeing with the kittens system atm so dry food might be better) i wouldnt worry about dehydration as log as your giving the kitten formula.  for fleas go out and buy some dawn soap (blue not any other color or any with fragrences) and gently give the kitten a bath.  wet the kitten down scrub in the dawn soap really well and wait 5 min or more before washing the soap out.  careful of the eyes and mouth area.  that will get rid of more fleas and eggs than trying to pick them out. and when your done dry the kitten off really well and keep it warm.  
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
hows little Scrapper this morning?....I couldn't get the photo of him out of my mind all night.
I also got thinking, since he is so young and tiny with little muscle mass...you really should be using a 'warm' hot water bottle for him to cuddle with, just to keep his body temp up...not to warm, just body temp...like cuddling next to his mummy would have been like.
sending you both some ((hugs))♥
Blank
Thank you all for your suggestions. I had a very busy day today, but I am looking into all of them.

The good news is . . . . . he pooped today. Regular, solid poop.
Never thought I'd be so happy about poop. lol

He is definitely stronger every day. This morning he climbed right up my pant leg wanting to be held. He never could have done that a week ago.

(also, maaskant, I just want to clarify, the fleas are long gone. The first vet gave him a bath, which took care of most of them and also a bit of flea meds that killed the rest within a day. The ticks were on his eyelids, those are what I picked off one by one.)
Blank
Ahhhh ok sorry about that. I'm glad he is doing better. It's a awesome love that comes from a rescued kitten ESP when you bottle feed them. Lol I have scars all over my legs from kittens climbing up them so make sure you wear long pants around him trust me it helps until he learns how to jump lol.
Blank
506791_tn?1350343103
Your new kitty sounds a bit like the rescue my wife made when we were at the USAF base in northwest Florida back in the early 80's.  Dancer was a great cat.

I'm sure your little guy will be too.

You are a great human.
Blank
740516_tn?1360946086
Thats the way those little critters do - they appear suddenly from nowhere and grab our hearts faster and forever!
Wishing you and your baby all the best!!
Blank
740516_tn?1360946086
Glad about the improvements
Im also never imagined myself as a "poo watcher" previously to have my girls - but after them , seing a perfect poo is always a great start of day,  :-)
Blank
Little update on the kitten.
He gained 1.2 ounces and is looking better :)
He's tricky to get a good picture of.
Every time I get far enough away to take one, he runs right over to me.
Then the flash makes him close his eyes.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/scrappie3/SDC13100.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/scrappie3/SDC13098.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/scrappie3/SDC13096.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/scrappie3/SDC13094-1.jpg

Blank
242912_tn?1402547092
Aw, sweet little boy.  He is looking better, that's for sure.  You're doing great with him!  Haha, yes, it's the Best seeing a 'perfect poo'. lol
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
he is sure looking one heck of alot better, starting to get a tiny little tummy there even, good. is he taking alot wet food now too??

I would really like to see you start him on some L-lysine for his immune system. this is very inexpensive, just sprinkle a small amount in his food or milk everyday. I will send you a link to where I buy mine and so does Jade59. you can also buy it at a health food store, as long as you buy a brand that is safe for use with cats...no additives like soy, corn, sugar, salt and perservatives.

http://www.iherb.com/Carlson-Labs-L-Lysine-Amino-Acid-Powder-100-g/13608

keep up the great work, and yeah on the poop!!!
Blank
242912_tn?1402547092
I meant to suggest Lysine - I'm glad Opus did.  

Scrapper, I just started Jade on this July 21st, and the results have been Very promising.  I would really encourage you to start your boy on it.  I am giving her the pure powder - the link Opus left you.  You can also buy capsules and open them to sprinkle on if you want, but the powder is the purest.  Jade's eyes generally look much like your kitty's does, kinda glassy, yes?  That's herpes.  

Keep the updated photos coming!! :)
Blank
152660_tn?1291759171
AWWW    You've got to call him Gizmo from Gremlins!   That's what I instantly thought.  ROFL
Blank
242912_tn?1402547092
Hahaha...you are right!!  I thought kitty looked familiar!  lol
Blank
Awwwww he looks sooo good! Im glad he found you!(((hugs)))~Bkitty
Blank
Do I know you? Lol
We named him Gizmo last week actually.
Everybody comments on his ears.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/scrappie3/gizmo.jpg
Blank
242912_tn?1402547092
HAHAHAHAHA....I just looked at your link.  Perfect!  

Healing prayers for Gizmo...
Blank
152660_tn?1291759171
ROFL- It wasn't even the ears it was the expression and face markings in http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/scrappie3/SDC13100.jpg

I guess I made the assumption that he was scrapper or scrappie.  :p
Blank
HAhaha!! My 9 mos old kitten is named Gizmo! He is all black though-it suits him though!
Blank
Another update:
The diarrhea came back yesterday. Late last night, he started acting lethargic.
I called the vet this morning and took him in this afternoon.
I was quite upset, figured he must have something serious.
He tested negative for leukemia :)
While the vet was examining him, she found a tapeworm!
She said sometimes they don't show up in the parasite test . . . .
She said that the tapeworms COULD BE the cause of all his troubles.
She gave him some meds for the tapeworm and sent him home with some amoxicillin, too.
I am cautiously optimistic . . . . . everybody cross your fingers for my sweet little baby.
Blank
242912_tn?1402547092
I am kind of surprised your vet didn't just worm him initially given the shape he was in and found outside.  Or was it done, and this was a left over tapeworm?  Or was he too little and sick to have it done?  I don't know a lot about the protocol for such a tiny kitten.  

Oh, very much, fingers crossed.  We are all pulling for your boy, and thanks for the update!
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
poor little guy, no wonder he was lookin so peaked..I sure hope this does the trick...I'm no Vet scrapper but I would sure question the need for the antib...its a tapeworm not an infection, why did the vet prescribe this? I would sure ask more questions on WHY...for heavens sake these suppress the immune system and he's already got a real low one to begin with...if you don't get a real good reason WHY I would sure think twice abt giving it to him.
my hugs to the little fella, we are all pulling so hard for you here gizmo♥♥
Blank
242912_tn?1402547092
I agree with Opus, Scrapper.  There shouldn't be any reason to give this antib if in fact it is only tapeworms you're dealing with.  He is probably going to react to deworming meds anyway.  He already has diarrhea, so you don't want to overtax his system with unnecessary antibiotics.  If you've already started the antib by the time you read this, you must finish it, unfortunately.  

Keep us posted... :)
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
good advice.....but I will say, if he's only had the one dose she can still discontinue it, only can't d/c when your like halfway thru...than the AB has had time to kill off SOME of the bacteria but not all that theres a problem of creating a super infection....so phone that Vet and get some answers scrapper.
Blank
242912_tn?1402547092
Thank you for the correction, Opus!  That's what I thought, but wasn't sure.  These antib's are nothing to play around with, are they!  
Blank
Sorry, I missed adding that in . . . . She feels he also has an upper respiratory infection, that is what the antibiotics are for.
His eyes are runny/crusty and under his nose is crusty a lot.
Blank
The first vet gave him a flea medicine that she said would also take care of worms, if he had any. She only gave him about 1/3 of a dose because he was so small. I guess it just didn't get them all.
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
yes its very possible he does have a URI....thats why he needs the L-lysine I mentioned earlier...
and in that situation you need to follow your Vets recommendations and continue with the antib.
I just pray this little critter can withstand all the worm meds and antib's that are hitting his weak little system, please keep a close eye on him...I know you will.

Is he eating real food yet or still on the milk?...he needs some protein too.
watch out for worsening of the diarrhea while on antib's if this happens contact your vet b/c this can be a side effect that he sure doesn't need.

sending some very good wishes, thanks for the updates...♥
Blank
I did start looking into the Lysine. I was going to get him some but then I ended up taking him to the vet. Not sure if I should give that to him while he's on the meds?

He is eating canned cat food. He never drinks water, so I put the kitten formula in his bowl and he does drink some of that, so I figure I'll keep offering that.
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
oh for sure you can definately give the lysine in combo with any meds...all it is, is an amino acid and support to his immune system especially for cats with URI's or herpes....if his immune system is functioning better that will keep the URI's from returning over and over...and manage to keep him basically healthier....the Vet will also have some form of this avail. but it will be much more expensive than the human form I linked to you from iherb...the Vets brand is much more expensive and full of unnecessary ingredients, but even that is better than nothing..:)
Blank
Gizmo has been eating like crazy.
He's gained another 1.6 ounces since Friday!
This morning, he is like a whole new kitten. So playful and so much energy!
Blank
that is so awesome.  im glad he is doing so well.  
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
WoooHooo GO Gizmo!!!!
Blank
242912_tn?1402547092
Great news!!!!

Really, Scrapper, good job! :)
Blank
506791_tn?1350343103
Been following Gizmo's story, good on you for taking care of the little guy.
Blank
1753470_tn?1379785421
Looks like a little munchkin.  So adorable!
Blank
Gizmo is doing great! He is up to 1.5 lbs!
He runs and plays just like a kitten should.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/scrappie3/SDC13122.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/scrappie3/SDC13129.jpg
Blank
242912_tn?1402547092
Wonderful news!  Gizmo is looking SO much better.  What a little darling he is!  Keep the updates coming!
Blank
740516_tn?1360946086
Great news!!!
Mind in posting his pictures here at MH someday?
I have been checking them, but since theres no links I do it only from time to time - I will do it just now
Blank
I'm not sure what you mean about posting the pictures . . .
Blank
242912_tn?1402547092
She means here at MedHelp.  Do you see you can upload pictures on your profile?
Blank
I never went to my profile page . . . I see where to add photos, now. I will start adding them there.
Blank
Today's update:

Today I saw Gizmo go in the litter box 3 times, and stay a while but didn't actually  "go."
His belly was very bloated. So, off to the vet we went . . . . . . again.
They gave him a warm water enema, and it turns out he's been eating the kitty litter. Ugh.
They were going to keep him overnight, but called me 20 minutes after I left and said that he was crying, shaking, and so upset that they thought it best for me to take him home. She said that she will call me in the morning and we can determine if he needs to go back in for another one.

I'm going to need second job if this keeps up. (ha ha)
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
sorry abt Gizmo, poor little fella.....I think he needs to be off the milk,I think he is drinking too much of it and not eating enough of the canned food.... just give him canned kitten food..and be very sure it has meat as the first ingredient on the label...not chicken by-products or such. he needs high protein..he is lacking protein thats sometimes why cats or dogs even will eat their own poop or litter is b/c they are looking for protein(meat).
it would be best if you can buy a canned food with no grains..they are only avail at pet stores and are more expensive. if you can't afford these just as I said make very sure that the food you are feeding has a good protein source NO by-products...it will say right on the ingredient label.
good luck to little gizmo...♥
Blank
242912_tn?1402547092
Well shoot, this isn't good news, is it.  I thought we were going to read a happy update.  Two steps forward, one step back, poor little sweetie.  I hope you don't have a 'pica' baby on your hands.  Luckily for Gizmo, you are on top of things and alert.

I look forward to seeing pics here.  I know this is all very stressful, but you're doing great!  

Hugs!
Blank
Sorry, my updates are a little sporadic, and I guess I don't include everything . . . . He's actually been off formula for a while now. (two weeks, I think . . ) I have been feeding him Science Diet canned food.
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
ok...thought he was still getting some milk b/c you said he wasn't drinking water...my mistake

science diet isn't the best of foods but at least it is a CANNED wet food and NOT dry..so good there.
science diet doesn't have a canned kitten food that i can see on their site, only adult foods....Gizmo does need to be on a kitten canned diet, much more protein than the adult formulas.

give the little guy a hug♥
Blank
Yes, it is kitten food.

I always thought it was  one of the best, what brands would you recommend?
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
any canned food is better than dry..and kitten food is best for him now until he gets older and stronger.
there are many 'grain free' brands available at good pet stores and no by-products like I mentioned before.
the 'best' cat food brands are more expensive and they also don't taste as great as the junk food brands...believe me I've been trying to get one of mine to switch for 3 yrs now...he refuses to eat the better brands.

IMO scrapper, since it is a kitten food and he's eating it and not having diarrhea issues I just wouldn't go changing it right now....when he gets a little older, than try one or two and do a slow introduction so theres no GI upset(diarrhea).

Go or Wellness are two good brands, but maybe best to leave his diet alone right now...keep with the science diet but use the turkey as it seems to have more real meat than the beef....♥
Blank
740516_tn?1360946086
Did you say Science Diet its not a good brand?
I always believed it was,and its quite expensive here.
Got their anti furball snacks and they do have a good look and smell,first packet she loved, second is still here ( thats the way Lolo is, its not any product fault)
Btw, you would not sleep in peace living in Brazil and reading some questions some people have about cats and procedures- Im sure!
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587

Hill's Science Diet is a low end cat food, which is filled with corn, by-products and products which are not nutritionally sound. It is loaded with grain as well, which means additional carbohydrates which cats do not need for sound nutrition. Cats are obligate carnivores and need meat. Friskies, Purina are also low end products as well.

Supermarket brands are notoriously poor quality food. While high end products are a bit more pricey, perhaps, providing your cat with an excellent diet will in the long run save lots of vet bills, as many cats develop digestive problems from eating low end foods.

Read more about excellent feline nutrition by visiting
http://www.catinfo.org/

Feed your cats wellness and natural balance foods. They will thriving on them, and since I stopped all dry food and products containing grain, my cats are far healthier and doing really well.

Of course, any change in your cat's diet should be done slowly, by mixing in the superior product with the old food and gradually switching over to avoid digestive upset.
Blank
740516_tn?1360946086
You definitly would have troubles here
Science Hill is not supermarket sold - not here in my city,at leasts.Some of the other mentioned are.
Hills is one that share  good pet shops windows together with Proplan.Eukanuba and co.
Nothing that surprises me,however.Did I already say I never wished that much being living in Usa the way I do now,because of my kids?
At this moment Im having troubles with sanitary granulate coming with small black pieces of stones...
20kg of that at home and thinking about buying some ( another brand)
Sac mail me - standard reply I guess :(
Blank
I am surprised as well, Science Diet is not sold at any supermarkets here. As a matter of fact, most veterinarians recommend it. I bought it at a pet store, in their specialty food isle. It was one of the most expensive! I did not see Wellness or Natural Balance.
Blank
1232362_tn?1333139006
Gosh just following your story!!! I guess we found Scout much sooner when she was abandoned, I could feel her little ribs. We were lucky in that she had no fleas or signs of parasites. I gave her Whiskas kitten milk which I gradually diluted to wean her off of per Opus rec. and regular canned kitten food which she handled quite well-it was over by the Friskies and has a pink label w/white kitten on it. The kitten crunchies she doesn't like for some reason so I have to mix them in w/the moist to get her to eat some at breakfast. We think she was about 4 wks when found based on Spirit's size @ 5 wks when we got her. Absolutely best of luck to you both-you have a little fighter there-keep us posted-Scout sends her best wishes!! (our feral rescue)
Blank
So, a couple weeks (at least) has passed since my last update.
Gizmo is doing great . . . except . . . .
he won't use the litter box. When I used (clumping) cat litter, he used the box every time. Obviously I stopped using that. I tried yesterdays news, nope . . . . He goes on the floor behind the couch. I put a small box with the yesterdays news in that spot, he just started going behind another couch. I then tried pine shavings. Still, he chooses to go on the floor. Should I try going back to litter? Maybe the non clumping kind?
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
little monkey.......yeah best go back to the clumping litter for now b4 he gets used to NOT using..and be sure and buy an enzyme cleaner such as Natures Miracle to remove all scents of places he's used..cats go by scent and these enzyme cleaners are the only thing to remove that scent from their sensitive noses..
go back to the clumping, wait a few weeks than if you do wish to do a transition to another litter do so by adding it to the old litter slowly..just a cup full or so at a time.
btw....yesterdays news is a great one, however pine shavings are not..they have way to high of a chemical odor to them and most cats hate. good luck.
glad to hear he is doing so well :)
Blank
I am nervous that he might eat it again, though.
We never actually saw him eating it, so if he did it again, I probably wouldn't know for a while. That's why I wonder about a non clumping kind? If he does ingest it, I assume it wouldn't . . . clog him up as much? He was blocked up real bad last time, and I was very surprised the it was from eating litter. I never saw him eat litter or spend extra time in the litter box.
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
oh yes now I remember he did eat the littler and get plugged up.....how abt mixing it, try 50/50....hopefully that will keep him from chomping on it and still use it...you can also try a clay litter thats NON clumping to do the mix with, theres also a walnut shell litter and a  crystal litter....keep trying till you find something he'll use.....;)
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
hi...this is the link to the walnut clumping litter, seems many people are very happy with it, it wouldn't be something Giz would eat(I hope)...its natural, none of the 'stuff' they put into the clay litters. I wish I could buy it in my small city :(
do as it says with any new litter....start adding it gradually to the one kitty likes in Gizmo's case that would be clay litter....add slowly and keep increasing the amount as he gets used to it..

http://www.bluebuffalo.com/healthy-home/naturally-fresh-clumping-cat-litter
Blank
Ugh . . . . so I switched back to litter. (non-clumping)
For three days, he used the box faithfully. Then suddenly, he treats the whole house like his litterbox.
He peed on the dining room floor, in my husbands slippers, pooped on the couch 3 times and even pooped in his own bed twice!
My steam cleaner is sure getting a work out lately :(  
This is so frustrating. Giz is the most loving, cuddly, adorable kitten, I am just at my wits end about this. I always put the poop in the litter box and then put him in it. He goes right to work covering it. I don't see any litter, foreign objects or worms in it . . . .

On a lighter note, I have some new pictures of him but they won't load on my page here, I keep getting an error . . . .
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
sorry I missed your post until now....and sorry to hear Giz is having some issues again. I will give you a link with some problem solving hints hopefully some suggestions there will help. I would also suggest a Vet appt. for a URINE ANALYSIS to check for crystals &/OR infection....quite often when a cat stops using a box its b/c they are having pain and this is how they communicate it, although its not common in such a young kitty, but it sure needs to be checked out. read the site I'm sending and if nothing there helps than I really recommend a Vet check...for UTI (urinary tract infection)...let us know ok

http://catinfo.org/?link=litterbox  
Blank
Oh I LOVE his big ears! He is so cute.
Blank
W/ regard to him not using the box, do you take his paw and "dig" for a moment when you put him in the box where he is supposed to go?  Make sure you take his paw in your hand and actually show him to dig in there.  Then he will know that is where he is supposed to go.
Blank
You can also get multiple litter boxes going, sometimes cats just don't like one box for some reason or another.  If you aren't cleaning it often enough (some cats want it clean immediately after they go, some don't care if it sits a couple days) then that may be irritating him and he may be avoiding it for that reason too.  A second box would solve that problem for you.  

I'd get 3 boxes going if I were you, one on each level or spaced throughout the house.  That way if one is soiled he can move to the next etc.  And try to keep them as clean as possible.  Also make sure he has at least 4" of digging room in each box (I give my cat more like 6" depth of litter in there).  I get the largest sized box too so it is very deep and the cat can really dig around in there and bury their stuff like they want to.

GL and hope he returns to using the boxes!
Blank
So sad to have to post this. I had to have Giz put down last Monday. He hardly ate on Sunday. I called my vet and made an appointment for Monday morning. On Monday morning I found him lying on the floor barely able to move. I was devastated and rushed him to the vet right then. She said that there was nothing more she could do for him. She determined that he had FIP. I had never heard if that before, but I started to read up on it, and it all made sense.
I am tearing up while I type this. I can't believe what an impact that little baby made on my life.     :'(
Blank
I'm so sorry to be reading this.  Stardust and I send our hugs in this time of need.
Blank
506791_tn?1350343103
So sorry to read about Gizmo, I was quite made happy by your stories of helping him.

Sometimes we do everything write and it still goes wrong, Anita and I feel that way about Kessie, who we lost to intestinal lymphoma in June.

And yes, these little pieces of fluff and fury do certainly get into our hearts.
Blank
740516_tn?1360946086
Deeply sorry for such news :( - I  had run for this post looking for GOOD ones...
Poor baby was happy for a few days, at least.You did your best for him...
Blank
681148_tn?1285160820
So sad to hear the precious baby was too sick to be helped.  You need to keep reminding yourself that you did everything possible for the little kitten.  Look how often you took that little one to the vet.  You clearly did your very best.

Now that you know how much these little fur babies grow on you, you might want to consider adoption of another little one at some time in the future.  Take your time, but do consider this:  I feel I waited entirely too much time to adopt another cat when I lost my previous cat to colon cancer.  I was a nervous wreck not having a little cat to love.  Get this, a friend who is not a pet person, even told me that I needed to have a cat.  So, it was clear that I waited too long to get another cat.  Take your time, but just don't wait too long.
Blank
996946_tn?1385991151
So sorry to hear about what happened to little Gizmo.  I just don't understand...what is FIP?  I'm having issues with my new kitty, he's getting thinner and thinner.  Not eating much at all.  I'm going to try and find info about this FIP.  I hope that's not what is wrong with my little Foxy.
Once again, I'm so sorry about your precious little kitty.
Blank
Thank you . . . . . . I do feel now that I am ready for another kitten. It's funny, when I found him I really didn't even "want" a kitten, but I miss him terribly :'(
I didn't want another, as I could never "replace" him. As time goes by, though, I really miss having a pet.
The best part of my day was coming home from work, kicking off my shoes and holding him. I just hope I can find one who likes being held as much as Gizmo did.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
1580318_tn?1407339099
Blank
Shannon79 commented on OctoberMommy2014's status
1 hr ago
5347058_tn?1381192026
Blank
ariley13 commented on photo