Cats Community
How Likely 2 year old Cat to swollow a ring

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

my wife is missing her engagement ring. she is 100% sure that she left it on the table. We looked all over the house and can't find the ring. How likely is it that a cat would swallow a diamond ring? what type of symptoms I should be looking for with my cat?
Cats are curious and like to play with sparkly things.  My cat, Daisy, tried to bite my engagement ring off my finger every time she sees it.  So, it is possible.  If you're not able to find it after looking everywhere, maybe see if your vet would recommend an x-ray to see?  Although in our home, we've had many things disappear only to have them show up at another time - our cats love to take things and then return them.  LOL!!!

I don't know what the symptoms would be - but I would probably have an x-ray done to make sure the cat did not swallow it.  I would worry it could cause problems with the bowels?  

Good luck!!!
Hugs,
Janet
I checked his litter box after cleaning all the poop to make sure he is going properly which he is. I am going to wait a few days and decide. maybe he was playing around with it and now its under something lol.
Janet gave you some great advice.  I agree w/ her.  Look real good for the ring and then bring kitty to the vet for an x-ray.  I am 100% positive that the ring will show up in an x-ray.

Sometimes after swallowing a foreign object, you will see signs of intestinal obstruction.  Of course, that will depend on how big the object is and if it gets stuck in the intestines.  You would see vomiting and constipation and the cat will be lethargic.  

To be honest, it is much better to swallow a ring than some spool of thread.  I've heard of that happening and it can get UGLY.

Last suggestion-get your wife a ring holder so kitty doesn't get obnoxious again!  =)
Your first post about this problem of the ring was on the 6th.   It is now the 7th.  It rare for a cats digestive system to delay for more than 2 days..    That means.. give your cat until tomorrow night... the 8th..  to pooh.  Give it until the morning of the  9th.  Check every pooh.    If you still haven't found it, and she still insists, THEN get an x-ray.

If he is allowed outside then you might have lost the ring for good.
We called the Vet and she said she doesn't think the cat swallowed the ring. the ring is missing since July 2nd. The Vet said he would be throwing up, not eating, or eating and throwing up. I checked the litter box and his poop is normal without any signs of blood. I am not to craze about the ring because ring could be replaced but more worried about the cat's health.

my crazy girl venus is just as fascinated with shiny jewelry as her mommy is. she is ALWAYS going after my engagement ring and wedding bang (both have diamonds obviously) i'm finding those d@mn things all over the house. have you checked under all furniture in other rooms under that furniture? i've found my rings in some of the most ridiculous places. she does try to bite off the bigger diamond on my engagement ring, thank god she hasn't succeded yet.
Look under the stove!!!! I did the same thing, I was probably about 7 months pregnant and took my ring off before I took a nap. I put the ring on the little table next to the sofa and a few days later I noticed I couldnt find it. We looked all over and just when my husband was going to buy another he said he was going to look under the frig and stove one last time. Boom! there it was. So we knew Sweetie did it! I told my husband that she was trying to get rid of my ring because she didnt like that we were married :D. She is his GF. lol lol lol