Cats Community
Hyperthyroid Condition

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

Hyperthyroid Condition

My cat has been recently diagnosed with a hyperthyroid condition and is being treated for it by my Vet.
Within the same time period as that diagnosis she has also gone blind. I'm sure of this as she is walking into walls, her gait is off, and she misjudges her jumps on to her favorite perches.
Now she has started this incessant licking of her fur. Her front paws, hind legs, and her belly.
She is 18 yrs old and still looks great but seems to be falling apart quite rapidly.
Can this incessant licking be due to stress from her recent changes in her health and her sudden blindness?
If so, are there any treatments for this?
Please help!

hi Cole...I think this is the question you were trying to post on the General Help Forum where we have a Vet to reply to questions, it may take awhile to get a reply but follow this link and repost it over there ok....
sorry for the confusion.
I sure hope you and a Vet can find a medication to help and less side effects...♥

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Animal-Health---General/show/112?controller=forums&action=show&id=112&camp=msc
Thank you. I just posted my question on the forum. I appreciate your guidance and support through all of this.
gosh I'm sorry....I didn't understand why your question kept showing up on the cat forum rather than the expert forum...now I know.
When you go to that link and 'post a question' it MAY show on the top of the page that 'this forum has reached its daily quota' or something like that. Dr. Cheng apparently only takes a question per day and all others are rerouted back HERE....
sorry about this Cole. all I can suggest is to keep trying....-)
how is your dear kitty doing???
♥Opus