Cats Community
Its a small lizzard a proper snack for 2 month old kittens?

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

Loreena thinks so! She decides its time for then to eat something better than dry food and her milk!
The vet I asked said: take it of from her" but I can avoid she doing if she really had the wish.I cant watch them all the time...
Tags: kitten, food
I would not be so concerned about it. Keep them away as much as you can but don't be overly concerned about kittens eating lizards. Loreena knows exactly what she is doing :) Trust me..she does. Momma is providing good nutrition, but just keep feeding the kittens their usual diet. I don't see why they couldn't enjoy the benefits of being true carnivores by eating lizards from time to time :)
Sounds to me like you have a good Hunter in your home.  I agree with prettykitty.  Let her have the lizard. Cats more than ppl know what they want to eat and very rarely will find prey that is harmful to them (unless they are just playing with it to play with it, as does my youngest cat with Garden snakes  ewww).

Mom needs to have some fun anyway and she is not going hurt her babies or let this 'lizard' hurt her babies.   Remember, Momma's are quite protective!
Surely the small lizard wont hurt kittens - he is just half alive inside Loreena's mouth!
I also know they dont bring diseases (even the vet said that) or so but they eat roaches and those can be poisoned by insect killers.Thats what worries me.
I dont believe a cat is so clever that its able to detect traces of poison in a prey. Maybe its just paranoia but I already had an experiece with her not beeing poisoned by "humanes"(???) while pregnant for our great lucky and some heavenly help.

About cats , they really know about what they want to eat and there's no way to make then change their minds.But I also noticed she doesnt care about the quality. Even with a full belly she's up to taste new stuff.
And I cant send her to surgery with loose poo ,,,
I would like to understand what you mean by 'She doesn't care about the Quality'

And honey, rest assure, the lizards aren't causing loose poo. Natural diet does not harm the animal. Lizard would be a natural diet. Cats eat other animals. They are clever. You are right, some anti roach substances can be very tricky to detect, but lizards don't eat roaches, and hey don't really mix with roaches. As long as she is eating lizards I don't think you have an issue. I would not let her get to the roaches, tho :) Yuck..hahahaha no roaches for Loree.
When i say lizard I mean small domestic ones, not sure if they have an specific name in english(lagartixa in portuguese) . And yes, they EAT ROACHES and insects in general - and Loreena already did the same!
Last time i guess she bring one roach for the babies, that now are just the girls and are not so crazy as the boys ( i think) and not ate, I found that there next morning!
That's what i mean about no quality control ; she eats every kind of food, it doesnt matter the brand(if is a cat food),If is she feeling ok or if is some trash she found somewhere.Or a poisoned insect.
My princess that do not accept slightly dirt litter and acts normally as a lady is a complete stray cat when it comes to  eating!
BTW shes learning use the leash. Started yesterday - all for food methodology... I would love if I was able to take her somewhere without carring that damn (heavy) box!

"no quality control"  hahahahaha....oh Apple, you are such a love :)  

I put fresh water (filtered) all over the place for Jade, but I will catch her lapping up rain water that's been "standing" (I try to dump such water, but don't always find it in time) with little specks of God knows what and it's turning black and growing tadpoles and Jade is happilly lapping it up.  I stop her if I see her, of course.  That's a cat for you, though lol!

That's Great, Loreena's learning to tolerate the leash!  That will make transporting much easier.  I agree too about the box...very heavy with kitty inside which is why my husband goes with me to the vet 99% of the time.  I can carry the box if I HAVE to, but easier if my husband will do it.   Fortunately, my husband will do ANYTHING for Jade!!!

Good luck with the leash and getting Loreena her surgery on time and hope the little girls are well.  Do you have homes planned for them yet?
I gave up filtered water a long time ago :-) Just substitute that everytime is dirty (= all day long since one is placed outside and the other the kids turn down!)
But other day I had just done and she went for some rain pool without tadpoles ,only clay...

Yes, a husband can be VERY helpful sometimes - if he loves animals, of  course. Anyway, I'm not married,so...

Girls are well,they are not so similar nowadays one is more furry but both are lovely.One is going to a friend as I already had commented,she asked me when it was just a possibility and I feel she deserved her.Passed by my home to see them yesterday.
The other,Lucky, there's no way to let her go,will be mine,i had promised myself I will keep one if was able to spay both and I do hope I can.She 's not the furry one but I've feeling like that choose me last days and runned and hided as crazy when my friend arrived.Meanwhile Joy loved her climbed to her shoulders and so... That gave me a good feeling about.
Looks like each one choose her mom...Mine will have mon and grandma - is she really LUCKY?
Awwwww-  I always love a happy ending...

Don't worry about the lizard, my brats bring in all kinds of stuff- especially my hunter, Lucy.  The last thing she brought in was a snake.  Not cool- I can deal with a lizard, mouse, etc, but not a ssssnake.  *shiver*
Almost happy ending...
i didnt have Loreena spayed yet.
As my Chrismas miracle , the same day I had to take her to vet and spend part of the surgery money on, someone called from another vet clinic where I had put an ad and said the vet was offering her surgery. Receptionist say she wanted me to take the cat there, and I explained she was just arriving home first time by transport box and stressed ( also with a slight fever); asked if she could set another day.Not to mention I was exhausted- but i didnt say that.
She said ok and promissed call back to set another day
Since she didnt do I called them back after the holidays and the girl said vet was in surgery and would ask her later on .Again she was quite sympatethic and kind,so did I.
I keep waiting, dont want to be bothersome but I'm a lot worried about cos thing MUST be done soon and all the family is pressing me, they dont know about that, I had asked all my gifts be monetary ones for the surgery and the few ones that contributed for  want to know about.
I was intending save  the money not used for the baby girl surgery in the future...

So, keep praying forv us...
Im still a lot anxious,
No calling yet, maybe I go there personaly tomorrow,
My cousin is in love with a new vet, surgery price there is  cheaper and I went there with her dogs for knowing the guy. Not bad I guess,
Clinic is far away but they dont charge too much for transportation.
But I need one answer from the other fisrt - btw my cousin hate that! I dont know her personally.
Do you guys believe vet can had changed her mind and its avoiding me??
Anyway, my cousin dislike with vets is many times due to money issues.That one specifically she said let the dog fall from the table or something  like that

Biting my fingers as crazy -( I do that instead of eating nails)