Cats Community
KITTEN HEAD INJURY/TRAMA/SWELLING BRAIN

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

KITTEN HEAD INJURY/TRAMA/SWELLING BRAIN

my 4  week old kitten accidently got stepped on by my ten yr old. She was bleeding out of nose and mouth and i rushed her to emergency animal hospital, they think she has brain trauma and swelling she was losing body temp. and head kept falling to the right i really dont have the money to spend but i did 350. and can pick her up in the morning if she makes it thru the night , What are the odds she will be normal??? And live????
How is the kitty?
sounds as though she does have brain damage and as soon as that happens they'll never be the exact same! there will most likely be differences! i really hope for the best and hope the little one pulls through!!! best of luck and pleasent wishes!
surprisingly enough cats sometimes do very well after a brain injury, it takes time for everything to repair but it can and does. I will try to find one or two posts by past members whose cats made remarkable recoveries.
You may of course need to assist this kitten for awhile, it may take some time to relearn to walk for instance.....he could also be blind for awhile but this too can return.
I hope this little kitten is still nursing? 4 weeks is way to young to be without its mother. I know its hard with small children but please be sure they take extra care especially with an injured kitten in the home.
here is one post I found,it also talks about a medication for use after head trauma...... if you click on 'community archives' at the top of this page and follow the links it will bring you to more stories of survival.....i'm praying for this little guy, please keep us updated on his/her condition.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Cats/kitten-with-head-trauma-update/show/1250095
I am freaking out after reading this...my bf stepped back and we have 4 wk old babies and they were all sleeping in a pile on the ground and next thing we knew one was bleeding from his nose.

does this mean he is going to die?? or has internal bleeding?? PLEASE DONT TELL ME THIS IS SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!! please. I am so upset. been crying. he wont eat. has trouble walking....

Is he going to be ok or is this something more serious??? I have never had kittens before so I dont know
this kitty needs to see a Vet ASAP....of course this is serious, imagine the weight of bf foot on something as tiny as this little ones head, you have to be responsible for the Vet care of these little ones, he is very likely in alot of pain...and needs your help now...
My 6week old kitten is at the vets very similer tou ur circumstance I feel hopeful after reading your posts. I fell on my kitten as tripped ove my toddlers foot she has brain swelling and fracture I'm distraught can't stop cryin and will never forgv my self. I have been vets today as they said nothing can b done. I refuse to believe this. It hasn't even been 24 hrs and I have told them I want to give her chance to recover. At least coup of days so the meds can work to bring swelling dwn. Her brothers and mother miss her I know as there all close I'm crying non stop and h8 ths she is my baby xx
yes give the kitty a fighting chance and just wait and see...-)
it takes time and LOTS of patience for her to regain whatever abilities she is going to have.
make sure you keep her in a small space with a low litter box, she may need help getting in and out of it for awhile, and help finding it too....she could be possibly temporarily blind. just be sure she is eating/drinking/pooping/peeing than otherwise just needs time.
good luck and prayers for the poor little girl ♥
Hello, my 3 month old kitten has recently had a head injury, he has a broken skull right between the eyes, he has seen a vet and is now on pain meds and was given a shot of steriods. He's doing very well compared to his condition over this past weekend. He is eating on his own again mostly using the litter box and trying to be a crazy kitten once again. The swelling on his head is smaller in area, but seems harder then it was before, it was quite soft and squishy a few days ago. Just wondering if the bump is just fluid builtt up or if it could be puss or something? Just worried he has an infection under the skkin, he doesn't show any signs of pain in his head or anything like that, but how long could it take for the lump to go away? Or could it be there for ever?