Cats Community
Lifeless Cat

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

Lifeless Cat

I have a Cat that is about 2 yrs. old, lastnight My husband and I had came in from being at his mothers house, Our cat had threw up all over the place, He was also laying lifeless on our bed, still breathing might I add, so I have my husband run to the kitchen to get a syringe, (that I keep for cases like this and liquid meds for our other animals~!) He fills it up with water and I feed water to him through it, This morning, we wake up and find him even more lifeless and his sec. eye lid half way covering his eye ball, We try to call vets noone is open and the one we normally use is sick, he has cancer. One vet we get a hold of tells us to give him sugar water to bring his bloodsugar up b/c he is seizuring, and if he makes it till tomorrow we can bring him in~!  I guess my question is, What else is there for us to do for our poor little Simba~?

Thanx,
                                                       Ashley and Clarence from TN~!
Tags: cats
Hi Topaz,

Take him to the vet ASAP!! He is in obvious distress & is suffering. Do you not have after hour emergency vets where you live? Most cities do.You never know, it may not be as serious as you think? It's a matter of getting him to the vet to find out. I know that vomitting in cats is not out of the ordinary, all of my cats do that. The 'lifeless' description is worrying though. Is he eating & drinking? If he is throwing up a lot, he may have become dehydrated. In this case, i would add a very small amount of unflavoured pedialite (for children) in his syringe of water. Although i am not a vet, my  vet has recommended this before to my cat to boost her electrolites. I also had to force feed her with a syringe of water & soft food mixed...otherwise, she wouldn't eat or drink. Let me know what happens with Simba. I care!