Maryland - Teia, Hildie and Chessie
Hey all!

The Big Move has happened, boldly faring forth in the face of Hurricane Sandy.

Miss Teia Honey, Hildiekatt Halfshadow the Harrier and Chesapeake Bandylegs the Hunter have safely seen Anita and Pip to Saint Mary's County, Maryland.

The girls traveled okay without the kitty Atavan.   I think trying to give it to them would have been very stressful as we have not had to ever "pill" them.

They were off their feed a little, but everyone is eating a little something and getting better each day.

We stayed at a Days Inn, because they are pet friendly, on Saturday night (got a late start).  Stayed with my brother in Central Pennsylvania Sunday and Monday nights, riding the storm out...all three girls shared a bedroom with us, and got along pretty well.

Saturday, Anita got  call from the nice lady for whom we are now renting a 1 bedroom apartment.  She said we could move in as soon as we got to town.

It is fully furnished, including a full kitchen and a large living room as well as a bedroom, sitting room and 2 baths.

Chessie is still a bit spooked from the traveling and is keeping pretty close to the bedroom.

Hildie seems to have finally assumed the mantle of Boss Cat.

Teia, is so wonderful!!!  She has explored the entire premises and ate supper tonight in the kitchen.  The upstairs bedroom is her preferred retreat, but she spends time out and about.  It seems that traveling agrees with her.

Hopefully we will get a house of our own soon.

There is a well regarded kennel in the county that can take the girls if needed.  They will give Hildie her insulin, too.
thats awesome Pip that you Anita and family made this long trip so amazingly well....hooray for miss Teia, what a trooper she is!! and the other girls as well..so proud of them all.
So glad you didn't get caught up in the Sandy disaster...I was worried abt you all,l thought you would be traveling abt this time.
thx for the update and good luck in the new apartment/home/job(((>^.^<)))
Miss Chessie is out and about more this morning.  She and Hildie were upstairs in the bedroom (Chessie spent the night on the bed, Teia did so the night before) when Anita and I got up.

When I went to give kitties breakfast, Miss Teia greeted me by coming up the stairs.

With the aftermath of the hurricane between here and there, I will be missing my niece's wedding Saturday.  It looks like the drive will take 11 hours, if there is nothing to impede travel through New Jersey.  Which means, we will not have to kennel the girls so soon after they've just arrived.
Hey Pip, I'm glad everyone is safe and sound.  What a time to be moving across state back East, eh!  I too was worried about you all.

Well hasn't Miss Teia turned out to be something else!  Not only a great traveler, but I read she did well with her first vet visit too.  

Other than Chessie feeling a little out of place, it sounds like everyone is doing amazing!  I believe I read there was some tweaking to Hildie's insulin (??) but sounds like she's fine now - good.  

I'm sorry you'll miss the wedding. :(
Miss Hildie is on 3 units, twice a day (2 - 2 1/2 units if she's not eating as much), like the past few days of traveling.  With this, her blood sugar is in the mid 140's - 150's, nicely controlled.  Have not seen her looking as doc said I should watch for in low sugar behavior.

Now, hopefully we can get a house pretty soon and go back to a more stable life, with Miss Teia continuing her out and about ways.
No one was 100% off their food or drink, plus they did use the litter box in transit.
Good news about Hildie.  You know, I would of loved to of seen a pic of the back of your SUV with all the cats in their carriers, litter boxes, all you described. lol  You and Anita did so great making sure they were comfortable on that long ride.  Oh, and glad there was no use for the meds.  Good to have, but better not to if possible.  Plus, the whole 'pilling' thing...

Hope you find a house soon too, Pip!  A ONE bedroom is not big enough in the first place, and certainly not for long!  lol

A few minutes ago Miss Teia was sitting beside me here in the downstairs living room and then spent awhile on the lower landing of the stairs up to the bedroom.

She even held her ground when Chessie came down and was lying just a couple of steps up.
I wonder if Teia is doing so much better in this home because she didn't go into Chessie and Hildies home-territory. This new place no one "owns".  
That was my exact thought! :)
Wow, what an insightful comment!

I am so eager to see how this plays out once we all have a new house of our own to turn into a home
...and this morning, as Chessie lets me know it's "Food O'clock," I see Miss Teia sleeping on the back of the couch in our sitting area across the bedroom.
...and this afternoon as we get back from a day of errands, guess who is still up on the couch.
Haha, wow, 10hrs later...  

Teia has claimed her *spot*.
yeahhhhh Miss Teia ♥
Gosh...I love reading this thread..knowing you guys are semi settled at long last.   The apt. sounds just a bit roomier than mine..stairs and two bathrooms helpful...

I agree that MIss Teia has lost her fears completely....and that a 'new' place is hers.

Keep seeing a children's book when I read of your adventures:)
This is way cool.  I think the comments about everything being a new territory is exactly why Teia is acting more confident.  None of the cats "owns" anything in the new territory, so she gets to start anew on neutral ground.  It is awesome to see that she simply stayed perched on the back of the couch like she did.  She feels a lot more comfortable starting out on neutral ground.

I'm glad Hildie is doing considerably well, considering her health concerns.  That is wonderful news.