Cats Community
Medical help for my cat

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

Medical help for my cat

Can someone please help me get medical care for my cat?  I am senior citizen raising special needs kids.  My cat was fine last week, and became suddenly ill over the last several days.  I can pay back money but I need help to get medical care for my cat.  I will sign a note, I will lien collateral if I have to, but can someone please help me?  I have been calling numbers all day, and everybody gives me other numbers to call, and every number I call cannot help me.  I've gone full circle and now I'm getting referrals back to the numbers where I started.  Please!  I promise I will pay you back.  My kitty still purrs at me, he loves me and forgives me but I don't deserve his forgiveness.  Won't someone please help?  I am in AZ.
Thank you.
Sharon
Dear Sha,
This is so sad. Who have you been calling for help? What state/city are you in? I think you might have better luck in a large city, I'm afraid. So sad our pets are being treated like this.

Do you have a credit card you can put the vet bills on?  There is a credit card maybe you can apply for called CareCredit, I think a lot of vets have the application or maybe it's on line.   Have you called the vet clinic and explained your situation, they can maybe arrange something with you. Also, call your animal shelters in your area, some of them have a pro bono vet on staff, if they do pro bono (free) work at the shelter, maybe they can take the special case for you???  Lastly, maybe call the Humane Society of the United States, They are in headquartered in Washington DC, perhaps they can give you a grant? I mean they get so many donations, they always keep soliciting $ from me, surely they can spare you a couple hundred??? Also consider borrowing from friends, relatives....I would.  
Unfortunately this is in Arizona and I have no knowledge of non-east coast rescue or free/low cost clinic aid.

This is why I tell people to get pet insurance. For just a hundred or so a year, your pet can be covered.

As to the rest...most people on here aren't in a position to offer help financially (which is why they're coming on a free health board in the first place). I do hope it works out.
Please  contact your local shelter or SPCA.  Though the spca may very well be a bad place to give a pet,  they certainly care for animals and they will help anyone in need who cannot afford proper vet care.  They will provide shots, vaccinations and treatment for all animals.  Lest we not forget that though they euthanize animals who need not be it isn't thier fault.  It is the fault of the irresponsible pet owners who did'nt care enough to have their pet fixed that caused the vast overpopulation of these innocent and unexepecting animals who meet a gloomy end sometimes even before it's really started.
I did a search for you. Check out DigitalCharity.com. You can start a web site and have people donate money for your cause. People can donate by Paypal. You need to set up a Paypal account  which is easy. Who knows, the way things are going here I might be asking for cash soon.

Anyway, good luck to you and kitty.
i have a kitten that i picked up in are back ally hes was near death starving after a week and much feeding he still can not mew yesterday he sneezed up blood ! i called every vet in salem oregon no will see him with out money. i an on a low fixed income can not get the funds i call and talk to a vet and they said he needs treatment asap . PLEASE HELP CHEWWY. THANK YOU MY PHONE #503-983-1727
Here is what you do Chewy------

Go Now to an Emergency Vet Clinic Hospital--look up one close to you in your area.

DO NOT CALL--Just bring your little kitten in and tell them you found him like this and need some medical help or he will die---They are not heartless, and will treat the kitten under a Good Samaritan benefit.

If this does not work. CareCredit is a credit card just for major med issues like this. Find a place that takes it. Then apply on line and you can pay a very small amount each month over a year with no interest.

If this does not work , let me know and I will see if  I can get involved to help you, K?

Good Luck
CML
find out where your local HUMANE SOCIETY IS AND THEY WILL HELP YOU LIKE THEY HELP ME.I HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS THE HUMANE SOCIETY CONTACTED ME AND TOLD ME NOT TO  WORRY AND JUST BRING MY CAT.I PAY WHATEVER I CAN AFFORD EVERY MONTH AND THEY WERE FINE WITH....
spider6 commented on  feeling better
spider6 commented on photo
dominosarah, and Jade59 commented on dominosarah's status