My cat's ears are always dirty!
My cat (Chinxy) has got the dirtiest ears!  They are not ear mites, b/c the other two cats here would have them.  It's like a sticky brownish color.  They don't seem to itch him, and loves for me to clean them.  Like I said the other two cats are not as dirty, but I was just wondering if this is normal.  Any suggestions?
How often do you clean your cat's ears?

Some discharge is normal. I'm not sure if what you describe would fall into the category of Normal because each cat is different. Does he go outside? Have you asked a vet what this could be?  I would think that this could be caused by ear mites or ear mite treatment but you said he does not have ear mites. I would consult with a vet.
Thank you so much for responding....he is about 5 now....I clean his ears when ever I think of it....he actually likes it so that helps alot.  He is an inside cat, declawed and neutered.

He is a big boy about 25 lbs, but not really fat....his belly don't hang on the floor. LOL

I haven't asked a vet, I am not working right now, and they've always been like this, when he was a kitten, the vet never said anything....I clean them about once a week, sometimes less....but if I cleaned them now they'd prob be dirty again in a couple days.  Gross I know!

No, he's not itchy and doesn't go outside, indoor cats for me only...I love them too much to let any one hurt them....some people are just too cruel to cats and I would never take any chances.  But, as I said, the other 2 cats are just fine.  One of them also likes his ears cleaned. :)

I am sure it's nothing, but I just wanted to get some other folks opinions.  Thanks
awww krissy you are such a good mom :-)

Well if he seems bothered by it then I would ask a vet. Cats have an art for concealing pain and discomfort but I honestly think we know our felines, especially those that are indoors, way too much to not realize something wrong is happening. Trust your instincts. If you think that at this point there is no need to see a vet then great. But if you need some peace of mind there is no one like a vet to give you that. I'm sure you got a handle on this :-) You know your cat better than anyone.

Well, 25 lbs is huge!! lol I'm sure he is very pretty. I'm trying to get my older cat to eat less as he is overweight and diabetes could be a problem later on. I have another cat who eats more than my older and is still slim. Do I have a situation or what LOL
Happy you have him neutered, but terribly sad that you had him declawed :-(
you do realize what declawing does to a cat right ? or how its done ? comparitive to a human picture a small incision made to each of your fingers and thumbs then have each one literally ripped out. It does seem that you are an animal lover, I also have a big cat got huge after neutering,  and most dont know how the declawing process  is actually done. to me thats abuse. sick thing is people can pay a professional to do this and its legal ?  Again I assume you did not know.