Cats Community
My cats mouth keeps twitching, and she can't eat or drink?

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

Yesterday, I noticed my cat just laying around, so I picked her up and she felt really stiff. I know that she is dehydrated, and i very weak. When she walks she moves each leg about 2-3 inches. Her mouth/jaw keeps twitching, and she can't eat or drink. I have tried to feed her soft food with a baby spoon. I have tried to give her water from a straw, which she accepts. But I know that's not enough. She was a stray when I moved into this rented trailer, and I took her in as my own. I have come to love her dearly and want to do anything I can. I CAN NOT afford a vet, or anything professional. As I am poor, and know it. She is extremely weak. Please help my Vivian, shes like a daughter to me. I have been crying scents yesterday. And have tried anything I can think of. She is an outdoors cat, and I can't supervise her while shes out the, because she is wild, but I tamed her and she got used to me and my family. And no, Nobody in my family would hurt her. But, as I said, I can't afford anything professional. What a cruel world this is, when nobody will help my animal. Please help):
Oh, hon, so very sorry your kitty is so ill.  You are a great mom to come here for help. You're doing good with the water, but somehow, you must get some food in her. We have step by step instructions on how to syringe feed a cat.  Look up top of the page on the right.  Click on the Health Pages and at the top of the list is "How to syringe feed."  

And yes, at the top of the forum is a thread on help with vet care.  Is that possible at all?  
The only thing I can tell you is to offer her some baby food through a syringe.  Also you may when to check the thread above about getting help with vet care.  

Thank you so much jade. I have a new idea of what to do now, and I'm more confident. I just can't get to the store tonight, and house held things you think i can use?
Gosh, I've been thinking and even looked in my kitchen and other than a spoon, all I can come up with is a small measuring spoon...the 1/4 tsp one.  Or a plastic knife.  Put a little food on the end, open kitty's mouth and wipe it on her tongue so she has to swallow?  I understand the *stiffness.*  Jade was sick recently and very stiff.  

Also, if she's willing to take water, what about mixing just a tiny bit of food with the water (so it's still watery) and try that?
Well thanks for the help(: I know that i wouldn't have been able to keep her alive as long as I did if it wasn't for you. But, she is gone, up to heaven, chasing all the mice that she can find. I am so glad that shes not suffering anymore, and she blessed us with 2 healthy kittens 6 months earlier. Well, i know what I'll use for help from now on.(:
I am deeply sorry for your loss, Pukka. Thanks to you, Vivian was loved and cared for the last yrs of her life.  She was a lucky girl to have you.  I am including a poem called the Rainbow Bridge.  If you don't know it (and even if you do) I hope it will bring you the comfort it has so many of us here on the forum.  Here it is:

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...